Pylons clearly indicate Kiss and Ride/Drop off Zones and Thru Lanes. Everyone is busy in the morning and afternoon with places to get to. Blocking the thru lane ties up traffic and makes others late for work and wherever else they need to be. More importantly, it creates a safety issue for our school community.
For those who Walk to School, please make sure to always use the sidewalks to enter or exit off school property. Please avoid walking across the parking lot.
If at any time you feel that someone is compromising the safety of students, there is an online reporting system that can be found at https://www.haltonpolice.ca/ Go to “Services” then, “Report Traffic Complaint.”
If you are able we are asking you to please park on the nearby streets and walk to the drop-off/pick-up areas.
- Please use the entire Kiss and Ride area. Many want to pull up in the first 5 metres of the Kiss and Ride zone. There is more room further up in which to pull over.
- Please do not double park as it cuts off the thru lane and creates gridlock.
- Never park on the sidewalk.
- Please make a right hand turn coming out of the parking lot so others do not have to wait behind you.
- Please consider parking on a side street and walking your child to the gates.
- Please be courteous to staff who are trying to ensure the safety of the children.
- Please consider dropping your child/children off earlier. There is far less traffic closer to 8:35 than 8:50.
- Please allow our staff the space to ensure our children’s safety.
We are respectfully asking that you assist us. If we can all work together, the parking situation can run more efficiently and we can ensure the safety of students, parents and staff.
IDLE Free Zone
Please note that St. Timothy is an Idle Free zone. By reducing idling, we diminish the impacts of climate change. Idling can make smog worse, affecting our air quality and our health. For the safety and health of our students, please use our parking spots and/or turn off your engine if you will be stopping for more than 60 seconds.
For more information idle free zone information.