A huge thank you to our staff, students, and families for a very smooth gradual re-entry to school last week. Our routines may look different but the kindness and resilience in our building is as strong as ever!
A Few Observations and Reminders
- Please be sure to send your child to school with all items they will need for the day ie. snacks, lunch, eating utensils, water bottles, sweaters.
- All students in Grade 1-8 will have direct entry into the building upon arrival at school through their assigned door. Entry doors will open at 8:35am and staff will be on supervision in assigned hallways beginning at that time. Please be sure to review your child’s entry/exit door with them so they are prepared to enter the school promptly upon arrival.
- It has been observed by school staff and brought to our attention by members of the school community, that many parents are not wearing masks at drop off and pick up. As indicated in earlier correspondence, we ask that you wear a non-medical mask when dropping off or picking up your child. Physical distancing is difficult to maintain during these times. The success of our reopening is dependent on everyone doing their part to ensure the health and safety of our community.
- We were incredibly impressed with student knowledge and use of masks last week. We thank you for your support at addressing these important routines with your children.
- Public Health guidelines indicate that students must clean their hands before taking off/putting on a mask. These routines are embedded in our daily practice at school. Please ensure your child has a ziplock/paper bag or fanny pack to place their mask in when not in use ie. snack or lunch. To support removing and putting on masks when outside at recess time, we highly encourage students to have a small personal bottle of hand sanitizer and fanny pack that is worn around the waist for storage.
As you prepare for school this week, please take time to review our St. Timothy Re-Opening Plan and Entry/Exit and Recess Zones School Map once again.