This weekend we celebrate the arrival of the season of Advent, which also marks the beginning of the liturgical year. Advent is a season of devout and joyful expectation. The four Sundays highlight our desire and longing for peace, justice and unity. While Advent expresses the deep longing of all humanity for God, it also celebrates the three-fold coming of the Lord by remembering the events that surrounded the Lord’s coming long ago, celebrating his coming among us today, and looking forward to his final coming in glory.
Focus on Faith Theme
This month our students will focus on the Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectation of being an ‘Effective Communicator’. An effective communicator who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values.
Bigbox of Cards Fundraising Thank you!
Our Bigbox of Cards fundraiser was a huge success! Thank you to all our families who supported this important initiative that raised approximately $10,000! All funds raised will go directly back to school initiatives including:
- Technology purchases for classrooms
- Math manipulatives for classrooms
- Social/Emotional program support – ie. Mind Up, Model Me Kids, and Stay Play Talk
Congratulations to our fundraising winners:
- Ipod Touch – Emma M. Grade 6
- $50 Gift cards-
- Anabelle G. Kindergarten
- Helen B. Grade 1
- Callie and Marcus D. Grade 3 and Grade 1
- Declan O. Grade 5
- Pizza Party – Mrs. Martin’s Grade 3 class
St. Timothy’s Family Christmas Night
St. Timothy School will be hosting a Christmas Family Night on Thursday, December 12th 2019 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. for all interested students and their parents or guardians. We are blessed to have this opportunity to bring our St. Timothy families together as a community during this season of Advent. Participants are asked to pre-register using this link. In addition, participants are asked to wear fun festive attire, including Christmas colours (red, green, white).
Here is the itinerary for the evening:
6:00-6:20 Liturgy in the gym
6:20-6:30 Caroling with the choir in the gym
6:30-7:30 Various stations across the school, as follows:
*Decorating gingerbread cookies
*Craft – Manger scene in mosaic
If you are able to join us, please do not send in any money; rather, please go into Cash on Line to purchase your cookies and register with the link by the deadline of December 2nd, 2019.
Catholic School Council Uniform Exchange & Lost and Found
St. Timothy Catholic School Council will hold a uniform exchange before the December 12th Christmas Family Night from 4:00 pm -6:00 pm. The exchange program will work such that if you leave one item, you can take an item. If you wish to drop off uniform clothing in advance, we will tally up your items by household name, so you are allocated that many items of your choice. We will accept items until our deadline for this exchange on Friday December 6th 2019.
For example, if Smith family drops off 2 pants and 2 sweaters, we will allocate 4 items that the Smith family could take. Please label a bag with your household name on the outside and inside. Unlabeled bags will be considered a donation. If you have nothing to exchange, we will charge a nominal amount ($5) per item to support our Halton Food For Thought Snack Bin Program. If you are simply donating items and do not wish to exchange items, please leave a note in the bag. A word on white shirts – please use your best judgement, as most whites may not be acceptable for exchange.
Lost and Found Items will also be on display for the day and the evening for students to review with their teachers during the day. This will continue for parents and families into the evening. After this time, all Lost and Found Items will be donated.
School Generated Funds Report
As part of financial transparency with regards to the use plan and use of school generated funds, please see the following link to access updated reports for this school year.
St. Timothy Christmas Families Campaign
The season of Christmas is upon us! St. Timothy’s will be continuing our partnership with St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Paul the Apostle Parish and The Good Shepherd in Hamilton to provide Christmas assistance to families within the community.
Our divisions will be pairing together to support an “adopted” family to assist this Christmas. Our goal is to provide gift cards for personal shopping and groceries. We kindly ask that the value of the gift card be noted on the card/envelope. Monetary donations toward the purchase of gift cards are also welcome. No donation is too small! Please see the Christmas Social Justice Campaign. We will be accepting donations until Thursday, December 5th.
Confirmation Enrollment Mass
Students preparing to receive Confirmation that the mandatory Enrollment Masses begin soon. Students wishing to be Confirmed must attend one Enrollment Mass and submit their Enrollment Promise and participate in the renewal of Baptism vows which take place during the mass. Extra Promise forms are available at the church for anyone needing a copy.
There are two weekends that these masses are being offered and students can attend any one mass of their choosing on the following dates:
- Saturday November 30th @ 5:00 pm
- Sunday December 1st @ 9:00 am, 11:00 am and 8:00 pm
- Saturday December 7th @ 5:00 pm
- Sunday December 8th @ 9:00 am, 11:00 am and 8:00 pm
Student Safety Reminder
The safety and wellbeing of our students is a high priority for us, and our school works closely with the Halton Regional Police Services (HRPS) to keep our school safe and protect our students. As situations in the community arise, we work closely with the Halton Regional Police Service to ensure information is shared as needed.
Parents play a vital role in supporting and enhancing the efforts of our school and HRPS to foster and protect the safety of our students. One way you can do this is to regularly speak with your child about personal safety. The links below provide parents with some general safety tips around street-proofing for children and personal safety tips.
We encourage you to take some time to review these tips with your children.
More information on the Halton Police/School Board Protocol can be found on the Board’s website at: http://www.hcdsb.org/Parents/safeandhealthy/Pages/School-Police-Protocol.aspx.
We would like to remind all parents of the First Aid process in place at St. Timothy. When a student comes to the office with an injury, they are assessed by one of our certified First Aid Providers, who then determine if a phone call home has to be made. If there is no phone call, communication is sent home via a duplicate form that is filled out by our First Aid Provider.
It’s getting cold outside and Lunches can be such a challenge. By this time of year, children want something different from a packed lunch and there are only so many items that work in a thermos. Would you like help providing your child with a hot & tasty lunch? Did you know? Kidssentials offers Fresh Food – Not Fast Food. Your child is served a hot, nutritious & delicious meal, which is mixed and assembled at the school fresh – right at lunchtime. It’s easy, with only 2 days’ notice you may place an order for a lunch each week.
Go to: http://www.kidssentials.com
- Four popular, kid-friendly entrees to choose from on each lunch date – $6.25 each, including Vegetarian & Allergen free items – condiments available for the children to select
- Snacks, beverages and side salads are also available ranging from $1.00 – $3.00
- Kidssentials is eco-friendly using recyclable & compostable packaging and cutlery
Sit back and relax, and let Lunchbox Orders take care of lunch for you. How to Order:
- Go online at www.lunchboxorders.com and click “ORDER LUNCH”.
- New to Lunchbox Orders? Click “Create an Account” to register your family’s account.
- Already registered? Please login directly with your current user name (e-mail address) and password.
- Add your child to your account by clicking “add a student” and register your child with their new teacher and grade for the current school year. ** Please ensure the correct teacher and grade are selected to prevent errors on delivery days.
- Click “Order Now” (beside your child’s name) to access the school’s ordering calendar.
- Proceed with ordering your child’s lunch by clicking on the blue box for each restaurant featured.
- All orders are submitted on the website and payment is processed on-line by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Debit MasterCard or Visa Debit. Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards are also accepted.
- With every meal purchased, a contribution will be made to the school’s fundraising program.
- Lunchbox Orders is paperless and cashless. Ordering online is fast and easy!
- All menu items featured are compliant with the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Food and Beverage Policy.
- Orders may be placed weekly or in advance, for the full length of the program.
Things to Remember:
- New orders must be placed by Sunday at 12pm (NOON) for the following week.
- Orders will not be accepted after the Sunday deadline.
- Cancellations will be accepted two (2) days prior to delivery.
Questions? Contact the Lunchbox Orders customer service team at 1.877.426.6860 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
News from Notre Dame
The latest Issue of InsideND is now live… and it’s our biggest Issue EVER! Visit http://www.insidend.ca for all of the news and happenings at Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School!