Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1-6Epiphany Sunday January 2, 2022
Expectations for Elementary Schools
- There will be no instruction for elementary school students on Monday, January 3rd and Tuesday, January 4th.
- In-school instruction for elementary school students will resume on Wednesday, January 5th.
- Students MUST complete the daily screening https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ and show teachers thier results. ONLY come to school if you passed the screening.
- Students must show daily confirmation of completed screening via one of the following methods:
- Daily Screening Log – sheets were sent home prior to the break – copies can be accessed below
- Email results directly to the teacher daily
- Students share results with their teacher using their own devices
COVID Protocols – symptomatic individuals
A copy of the daily screening log for January 2022 can be accessed here:
Symptomatic individuals – are advised to self-isolate as soon as possible after symptom onset.
- If the individual is fully vaccinated OR is a child under the age of 12 years old, they should self-isolate for at least 5 days from symptom onset AND until their symptoms have been improving for 24 hours (or 48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms), whichever is longer in duration.
- If the individual is not fully vaccinated and is 12 years old or older, or if they are immune compromised, they should self-isolate for at least 10 days from symptom onset AND until their symptoms have been improving for 24 hours (or 48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms) and they are afebrile, whichever is longer in duration.
The symptoms include:
- Fever and/or chills; OR
- Cough; OR
- Shortness of breath; OR
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell; OR
Two or more of:
- runny nose/nasal congestion
- extreme fatigue
- sore throat
- muscle aches/joint pain
- gastrointestinal symptoms (i.e. vomiting or diarrhea
Access to Your Child’s Learning Platform
Students have access to virtual platforms that are used throughout the year. Please make sure to have all usernames and passwords available at all times for students to access curriculum at home when needed.
Mental Health Supports
The holidays can be a very stressful time for many families, and living through a pandemic has created additional challenges for many in our community. School Mental Health Ontario has posted a number of excellent resources to help students, families and staff navigate through this difficult period: www.smho-smso.ca.