“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
~ St. Teresa of Calcutta
Please see below for a list of announcements and events happening at St. Teresa of Calcutta!
Claire Lanois, Principal
Our school board, based upon consultation with Halton Public Health, has shared that schools can now begin to book school photography sessions.
To ensure the continued safety of our students, all infection, prevention, and control measures that are required by Halton Public Health will be in place, including:
- Photographers will be wearing PPE at all times
- Photographers will disinfect any common touch point areas in between students
- Photographers will maintain a minimum of 2 metres of distance between students and staff members
- Students will be photographed standing, when possible, to avoid common touch points
- Students may remove their mask only for picture taking, and will sanitize their hands before and after having their picture taken
- No group class photos will be taken, a composite photo will be compiled using each individual student’s photo
- The order process for parents will be conducted online and in a paperless manner
Our school photograph day is Tuesday, October 5th 2021.
Thanksgiving Food Drive
We are having a food drive until October 13th. The Kerr St. Mission is in need of a variety of Tomato Products:
- Tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- canned whole tomatoes
- crushed tomatoes
- tomato paste
As well as other non-perishable items. Our Goal is 300 items and we hope to surpass this! Thanks to our grade eight student government as well as their teachers, Mr. Mount and Ms. De Sousa, for facilitating this initiative.
Catholic School Council 2021-2022
We are pleased to welcome new and returning members to the St. Teresa of Calcutta C.S.C.
Rob De Franco
Juan Jose Reategui
Michael Prezens – Teacher Representative
T.B.D. – Non-teaching staff, Parish and Community Representatives
Claire Lanois – Principal
As per HCDSB Return to School guidelines, our meetings are “virtual”. Our inaugural meeting will take place October 4th at 7pm via M.S. Teams. More information regarding C.S.C. roles and responsibilities, as well as volunteer opportunities, can be found on our website.
Fresh from the Farm
Please check out the feature story on our website for this very important Catholic School Council fundraiser. Orders are accepted until noon on October 7th, 2021.
World Teacher’s Day
On October 5th, 2021, World Teachers’ Day will celebrate teachers with the theme “Teachers: leading in crisis, reimagining the future“.
With learning to be an essential part of life and human development, teachers play an immensely valuable role in society. The day provides the occasion to celebrate the teaching profession worldwide, take stock of achievements, and draw attention to the voices of teachers, who are at the heart of efforts to attain the global education target of leaving no one behind. For more information visit: Unesco
Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (O.C.G.E.) Student Awards
This year, we will focus on the Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectations (OCGE) as a school community. Each month a student from each class will be chosen who represents the OCGE of the month. One award per class will be given to the student who demonstrates these traits throughout the month.
For October, we will focus on the OCGE of being a ‘Discerning Believer’. A discerning believer is formed in Catholic Faith community and celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God’s presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
For the safety and well-being of all students and staff, parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8C)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- Individuals experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 as identified in the screening tool, must not attend school and should follow the guidance provided in the screening tool
The Government of Ontario daily self-screening tool can be accessed here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Appropriate Outdoor Wear
With Fall comes a variety of weather conditions that can change drastically throughout the day. Our outside playground tends to be windy and cool. Layering is a great solution for our students to ensure that they have the proper wear.
P.D. Day – Friday, October 8, 2021
Please note that Friday, October 8, 2021 is a Professional Development Day as such this is not an instructional day for students. The focus for educators is Faith Formation.