When St. Scholastica School first opened its doors in September of 2018, the school was not a full uniform school. Our Catholic School Council made the decision at our November 2018 Catholic School Council meeting to proceed with a uniform vote that would take place in February/March of 2019. All families who had children from JK to Grade 6 who were currently registered at the school and those who were “pre-registered for the start of the 2019-2020 school year were provided with a ballot during our voting period. Our uniform vote yielded a 72% response rate and our parents voices were heard loud and clear when the result of this vote indicated a 74% YES vote for the implementation of a school uniform starting in September of 2019.
As of September 2019, all students in Grades K-7 are expected to be in full school uniform as described in the Halton Catholic District School Board’s uniform policy: II-41 School Uniform Dress Code/School Dress Code. This policy is linked below for your reference:
Ours school’s uniform provider is InSchoolWear Uniforms (ISW) and their website is linked below:
For any non uniform or special sprit days, student clothing for school MUST:
- Be free of inappropriate logos, sayings or pictures, especially when the subject matter refers to drug use, is suggestive or overtly sexual or violent.
- Have sleeves covering the shoulders. Bare midriffs, halter-tops, tops with ‘spaghetti’ straps, muscle shirts, cut-up or cut-off shirts, are not acceptable.
- Be worn at the waist (pants, skirts, shorts). Undergarments should not be visible. Cut-off shorts are not acceptable.
- Be of modest cut and proportions (skirts and shorts).
- Include closed-toe shoes. Running shoes cannot leave black marks on the gym floor.
- Provide appropriate coverage for comfortable, modest and safe movement during activities including Physical Education and DPA. Clothing which is either too baggy or too tight is not recommended.
CAPS/HATS ARE NOT TO BE WORN INDOORS
School Uniform/Dress Code