The Halton Catholic District School Board is currently undergoing a School Boundary Review Process to determine the Regular Track school boundaries for the new Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School.
You can now access the Virtual Public Information Meeting for the Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review here.
- On July 23, 2020, the Ministry of Education approved funding for Milton #10 CES. The school is currently under construction and is anticipated to be ready for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School is located in the new residential development area of Boyne, in the southern part of the Town of Milton urban boundary. Approximately 16,900 residential units are expected for the Boyne community consisting of many low and medium-density developments.
- Currently, all elementary students within the Boyne community are being accommodated at St. Scholastica CES for JK to Grade 8 (boundary map). However, St. Scholastica CES is projected to exceed site capacity by 2022 due to development pressures and the expanding French Immersion program.
- As a response to the above noted accommodation concerns, Board staff initiated a New Development/Holding Area Administrative School Boundary Review Process involving St. Scholastica CES on May 4, 2021.
- The Milton #10 CES facility will be used as a holding school for St. Kateri Tekakwitha CSS (Formerly Milton #3 CSS) until the new secondary school building is complete. This boundary change is being proactively sought in anticipation of the Milton #10 CES future transition from a holding school to a JK to Grade 8 school and to address accommodation pressure at St. Scholastica CES.
- On June 22, 2021, the School Boundary Review Committee met virtually and reviewed the current school boundaries and several proposed school boundaries for the Boyne community. The Committee moved to present Options 1 and 2 to the community for feedback.
Review the Options & Complete the Survey!
The School Boundary Review Committee are presenting the proposed boundary options to the community to gather feedback.
After reviewing the boundary review materials and proposed boundary options, we invite you to complete the Feedback Survey which will remain open until September 23, 2021.
The feedback gathered will be shared with the School Boundary Review Committee at the next committee working meeting. Once the SBR Committee selects the preferred proposed boundary, it will be presented to the Board of Trustees for consideration and approval.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review.