On each day your child is absent from school, please:
- Call the school office to report your child’s absence at 905 637-3810. The phone line is available 24 hours a day for you to leave a message.
- Leave your child’s name, grade, teacher, reason for your absence, and how long the absence will be. The school answering machine is always on. We also have an e-mail address to report your child’s absence – firstname.lastname@example.org
When we do not have an indication of a student’s whereabouts, our procedure is to:
- Call home.
- Call one or both parents/guardians at work.
- Call the emergency contact number.
- Ask a sibling (if applicable) at school.
- Call Halton Regional Police Services.
Please ensure that you contact the school on each day of your child’s absence to ensure that we can complete the HCDSB protocols. We make every effort to be accurate when we call to confirm the absence of your child.
School phone number-905-637-3810
- Frequent absences from school are known to have a negative impact on student achievement. And poor student achievement has significant impact on long term outcomes for students. Please ensure that your child is at school each day, unless he/she is ill. In the case of a student going on a family vacation, please note that it can be difficult for staff to provide work for students to do while they are away. The learning experience which would take place in the classroom cannot be duplicated in the form of homework/worksheets. Parents should be aware that, in some cases due to a prolonged absence, a mark cannot be assigned to the report card. Attendance and lates are monitored at the office and a follow up from the principal may be required.
- Students are considered late if they are not in the appropriate schoolyard area when the bell rings. Please establish with your child, routines that will assist her/his arriving at school on time. The school bell rings at 8:35 a.m. and 12:40 p.m. If late, before going to class, students MUST report to the office to get a late slip.