St Raphael Catholic School endeavors to prepare today’s children for tomorrow’s future through a commitment to 21st Century Learning and our mission to engage our learners in real world social justice action planning and animation in our Parish and school community.
Yard supervision begins at 8:20 a.m. Supervision ends at 3:25 p.m. For the safety of your child, we request that your child NOT be on the school property unless a supervisor is present. Supervisors wear orange vests when on duty.
Warning Bell FDK-Gr. 8 8:35 a.m.
School Day FDK-Gr. 8 8:40 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
Recess FDK-Gr. 8 10:05 a.m. & 2:05 p.m.
Lunch FDK-Gr. 8 11:40 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.
End of Day Bell FDK- Gr. 8 3:10 p.m
YMCA program CONTACT Information – 905-632-500 ext. 2
PARKING-LOT SAFETY ST. RAPHAEL SCHOOL & PARISH
The procedures listed below have the approval of the Parish administration of St. Raphael, the school administration of St. Raphael Catholic Elementary School and the Superintendent of Education, Mr. T. Overholt for our school for the 2016-2017 academic year. Substantial input from all partners has been taken into consideration and I ask that all members of the St. Raphael School and Parish community adhere to them for the safety of all concerned. These procedures will be reviewed each year with the St. Raphael Catholic School Council as per our amended bylaws. Thank you in advance for your attention to this important matter.
- No Student Drop Off is to take place along the fence line or at the gates along the Parish/School Laneway at any time! This is a BUS ONLY ZONE. (see map)
- Vehicles entering the lot must reduce their speed substantially prior to entering the lot. All vehicles must turn left immediately upon entering the lot to use the Drop N’ Drive OR to park their vehicle!
- Vehicles using the Drop N’ Drive must pull up to the PYLON and the hatched exit area to release their children into the care of the supervisor. Please DO NOT release your children prior to the pylon and the supervisor! During inclement weather, the pylon will be moved and the supervisor will receive children at this alternate location.
- Vehicles wishing to park must reduce their speed when moving down the laneway beside the Drop N Drive lane. Please give the right of way to this lane as they exit to free up the Drop N’ Drive process.
- Children on foot or on other modes of transportation (scooters, skateboards, bikes etc) must enter the “Safe Zone” and walk the full length of the lot to the pylons lining the access to the Yard. (see map and reference the video @ http://schools.hcdsb.org/raph)
- Vehicles within the lot at 8:35 am MUST be aware that the supervision within the lot and the pylon barriers will be removed to facilitate Parish access to the lot. You should be walking with your child to the yard to ensure safe arrival onto the school property at that time!
- Please ensure that your child has all of the necessary items with them prior to leaving the vehicle (BackPack etc) . A right side of the vehicle exit is preferred to avoid the flow of traffic beside the Drop N’ Drive lane.
- REMEMBER!! SLOW MOVEMENT AND PATIENCE IN THE LOT IS IMPORTANT FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL CONCERNED!!