Throughout this school year, we have witnessed the incredible strength of the St. Peter Catholic Elementary School community. The 2020-2021 school year presented our students, staff members and families many challenges. We all know that this hasn’t been a typical school year, but regardless of the circumstances, we are confident that positive learning experiences have occurred for our students. It has been heartwarming to see the true spirit of the home-school partnership shine at St. Peter CES. Thank you, students, staff and parents, for your work this year!
As a school staff, the conclusion of a school year provides us the opportunity to celebrate our successes, and to reflect on what we can continue to work on to ensure that we provide our students with a quality Catholic education that is flexible and engaging. School improvement is a process that we commit to engage in with fidelity to ensure that our students can “Achieve, Believe, and Belong”. We know that this is best accomplished through the partnership of our families and community members. On behalf of our school staff, we would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the support of our entire school community. Thank you for your patience this year, thank you for placing your trust in our school to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for your child, and thank you for the privilege of being a part of your child’s educational journey.
A few additional expressions of thanks and well wishes:
- Thank you to Father John Van Hees for his spiritual wisdom and guidance.
- Thank you to Mrs. Champoux and Mrs. Talbot for the support and hard work at the front office with our students, families, and staff members.
- Thank you to our teaching staff, early childhood educators, educational assistants, child and youth counsellor, library technician, custodial staff, lunch time supervisors and the YMCA Before and After School Program for the good work that they do each day for our students. For those staff members that are moving to new assignments next year, we thank them for their service and pray for God’s continued blessings upon them.
- Thank you to our Catholic School Council for their many hours of service dedicated to faith, community and fellowship at St. Peter CES.
- We wish our grade eight students well as they transition to secondary school in the fall. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit guide them and may they look back on their days at St. Peter CES with fond memories.
- To those families who will be joining new school communities in the fall, we thank you for your contributions to St. Peter CES and pray for the continued success of your children.
As we bring one school year to a close, we begin to plan for the new one to come. The summer months will hopefully bring all our school community members an opportunity to rest and enjoy some well-deserved leisure time offline.
As we learn what the new school year will bring, please know that we will continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of our students. The school office will reopen on Monday, August 30, 2021, with the school year beginning on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Please continue to follow the advice of our public health professionals as you care for yourselves and your families.
Have a wonderful summer, Mr. McCauley and Mrs. Boiago
May the blessing of God go before you. May grace and peace abound. May the Holy Spirit live within you. May love wrap you around. May the blessing remain with your always. May you walk on holy ground. Amen. – M.T. Winter