More than ever, Halton students need access to nutritious food to fuel a full day of learning. As such, our school is happy to share that starting in October, Halton Food for Thought will provide ‘Grab & Go’ Healthy Food boxes to our school. This will give students access to a nutritious snack to help keep them focused throughout the day.
When we feed students at school, we are offering them their best chance for success. We want students to reach their full potential and lead healthy, active lives.
Information about the ‘Grab & Go’ Healthy Food Box:
- Grab & Go Healthy Food Boxes will contain pre-packaged, non-perishable food items such as granola bars and applesauce cups.
- All items are peanut and tree nut free
- Boxes will contain enough bulk snacks for one classroom for one month.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, teachers can distribute snacks from the Grab & Go Healthy Food Box as needed. This is not a self-serve model for students.
- Halton Food for Thought programs are free of charge to all students, universal, and non-stigmatizing.