Hopefully you all had a chance to enjoy your Thanksgiving long-weekend with your loved ones. Please see below for information items/dates as we head into the week. Enjoy this beautiful fall weather!
St. Raphael Parish News:
Congratulations to the grade 3 students who received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion on Sunday. God Bless.
Parish Bulletin: Click HERE for the Parish Bulletin.
SafeArrival Student Absence Reporting:
The safety and wellbeing of our students is our highest priority. Please use the automated student attendance management system SafeArrival to report your child’s absence.
The SafeArrival system is available 24/7, allowing you to report your child’s absence in one of three ways:
- using the SchoolMessenger® mobile app
- by logging into the SchoolMessenger® web site
- by calling into an interactive toll-free phone line (844) 445-4505
SafeArrival enhances our existing student attendance procedure, making it more convenient for parents to report a child’s absence, and more efficient for our school office staff to follow up sooner on unexplained absences.
SAVE THE DATE – Halloween Dance-A-Thon – Friday October 29th
When: Friday, October 29th, 2021
Where: St. Paul Playground
The Halloween Danceathon is our major fundraiser for the year. Information and pledge forms are coming home in paper format for all students this week. In partnership with our Catholic School Council, the monies raised for this fundraising campaign will be put towards purchasing additional technology, outdoor sports equipment, etc. Our SGF (School Generated Funds) Plan will be posted on our school website by the end of October. This plan will have a summary of items that is scheduled to be purchased to support the enhancement of student learning and well-being.
All students are welcome to wear costumes on the 29th. Students that do not wear a costume can wear orange and black as an alternative.
Thank you for your continued support.
Costume considerations to be safe at school:
Costumes must not:
– Impair vision or breathing, there are no masks as students will be wearing masks for COVID-19 protocol;
– Present a trip hazard to the wearer or the bystander;
– Represent disfiguring injury or, to put it bluntly, “blood and guts”;
– Promote themes or activities inappropriate for a Catholic elementary school;
– Be revealing or suggestive;
– Include weapons or replica weapons;
– Require staff to apply or remove costume pieces and/or make-up
– Allow the student easy, independent access to the washroom. This is especially important for students from FDK to grade 2.
– Allow the student to wear sufficiently warm clothing over or under the costume as weather/temperature dictates for outdoor recess.
An Important Letter to Families from Dr. Meghani ~ Fall Gatherings
It continues to be important that we work together to follow public health measures so that we can ensure a safe and healthy learning environment for all students, families and staff in our school community. Dr. Hamidah Meghani, Chief Officer of Health for Halton Region has provided the following letter to parents and guardians: Fall & Winter Gatherings 2021.
As Dr. Meghani noted in her message, we must remain vigilant as we look forward to celebrating the many holidays, seasonal gatherings, festive occasions, and other events in the fall and winter months to help keep our community safe. Please continue to follow the advice of our Public Health professionals to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community and to protect your loved ones.
Mental health is an essential component of overall health. Learning about mental health from a young age and developing skills to support positive mental health throughout their lives will help students to be healthier and more successful.
The SMH-ON read aloud videos can be enjoyed at home, or classroom use, as part of integrated learning supporting the Elementary Health and Physical Education curriculum lesson plans, the virtual field trip series, or can be adapted in your own planning.
See a selection of Read Aloud books at – https://smho-smso.ca/blog/online-resources/student-mental-health-ontario-read-aloud/
Have a great week.
N. Costa and the St. Paul Staff