Hello St. Paul CES Families,
The countdown is on! Two weeks and two days before the end of this school year arrives.
Thank you, thank you, thank you again to all the staff, students and families who have continued to show tremendous resiliency throughout this school year. It has been a difficult year, and we cannot overlook the impact this extended period of remote learning has had on our families and staff – most especially on children and youth.
Please see below for some important information/dates as we head into the final weeks.
Pride Awareness Day – Monday, June 14th, 2021:
On Monday, June 14th, we will hold Pride Awareness Day– a day to reaffirm our commitment to honour the dignity and worth of each member of our community by nurturing safe, welcoming and inclusive schools.
As Catholics, we believe that we are all made in the image and likeness of a God who created us and loves us unconditionally – just as we are. We are called to know, love and celebrate one another, just as God knows, loves and celebrates each one of us because we are “wonderfully made.” We honour the inherent dignity in each other by treating one another with sensitivity, compassion and respect.
Throughout the month of June, all HCDSB schools are raising awareness around Pride Month. We begin the third week of June with a system-wide Pride Awareness Day – an opportunity to pause and reflect on what we have learned about Pride and what we can do individually and together to create welcoming and inclusive schools where all students feel a true sense of belonging.
As part of PRIDE Awareness Day, St. Paul students and staff are encouraged to paint, colour, or draw a rainbow and share a photo of it on Social Media. The rainbow is a sign of God’s promise to love us and a symbol of inclusion for all in our community! Take a picture of your rainbow displayed in the front window of your home or share your best sidewalk chalk rainbow on your driveway! Students/families are asked to post their photos on Twitter @StPaul_CES
Strategic Plan Survey – Feedback Requested!
The HCDSB values your feedback! Please take a few minutes to complete the HCDSB Strategic Plan Monitoring Survey: http://bit.ly/StratPlanSurvey2021. The survey will be open from June 9th until June 23rd.
Results will be used by senior staff to help evaluate our progress in meeting the goals of our Strategic Plan “Focus on Our Students: Strategic Plan 2016-2021” and will be included in the “Directors Report to Trustees – Year 5 of Implementation” in the fall. The survey is completely anonymous, and all data will be stored and protected by Research & Development Services. Questions about the survey can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support!
St. Raphael Parish Update:
The celebration of all Sacraments (1st Reconciliation, 1st Holy Communion and Confirmation) will be rescheduled and will be celebrated in Fall 2021. Dates will be communicated as soon as they are set.
COVID-19 Vaccination Community Pop-Up Clinics in Halton:
Halton Region Public Health is offering the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to members of our community at outdoor pop-up clinics. Beginning Monday, June 7, 2021, the Province of Ontario will be operating Pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics in Oakville. Halton residents, 12 years of age and older, will be able to book appointments at these clinics using Halton’s online booking system.
Book Your Appointment:
- Members of the community 12 years and older are able to book their first dose appointment beginning today, Monday June 7th through the Halton Region’s online booking system: halton.ca/COVIDvaccines.
- Residents who require booking support can also call 311. Residents who are not currently eligible to receive the vaccine are asked to avoid calling 311 or visiting the online booking system to ensure eligible residents have access.
- Bookings for Halton residents are not available through the Provincial booking system; residents who access the Provincial booking system will be redirected back to Halton’s system.
- Booking an appointment in advance is preferred; however, there may be very limited capacity for walk-ins based on no-shows or cancellations (last walk-in appointment at 6 p.m.), which will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Youth must have had their 12th birthday by the date of their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
Important Notes About the Pop-Up Clinics:
- The pop-up clinics will be located outdoors. Individuals are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather and bring a bottle of water.
- To maintain physical distancing and safety measures, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment (not earlier) and remember to wear a mask. Please note you will be required to bring proof of age and residency in Halton to your appointment.
- When possible, residents are asked to attend their appointments alone in order to limit the amount of individuals attending the clinics and to maintain adequate physical distancing. You may bring one support person, if required (for example, a caregiver or interpreter).
- Residents who need assistance with transportation (if transportation is a barrier to getting to the appointment) can contact 311. Halton Region continues to offer transportation services to and from appointments for residents who require support, free of charge.
Click here for more details about the COVID-19 Community Pop-Up Vaccination Clinics in Halton. Please watch a video about the Halton Youth Vaccination Program from Dr. Hamidah Meghani, Chief Officer of Health for Halton Region: https://youtu.be/zNHaXpNE4pk
As we continue to navigate COVID-19 together, we are pleased to share an update on enhanced options for buying your school uniform in 2021. Our school uniform provider, McCarthy Uniforms, has three enhanced options for shopping: Updated school e-stores, private appointments and a web-supported call-center.
You are encouraged to shop early and utilize these alternative channels to avoid late-August line ups. Long wait times will be the reality this year, given that McCarthy’s must adhere to strict social distancing measures and simply can’t accept normal in-store volumes. In some cases, only five customers will be permitted in stores at any one time.
McCarthy’s has informed us that to support families during this time they have implemented an installment payment program (online only), introduced volume discount buying options and invested in a variety of web support tools to make online shopping easy & fast! All school uniform products can be exchanged for up to a year and returned until September.
Burlington Public Library Summer Reading Club:
Hello from Burlington Public Library! As summer arrives, the Burlington Public Library is happy to announce that we are once again offering our free annual Summer Reading Club (SRC) this June, July, and August. Of course, there will be a few changes to accommodate the current pandemic environment.
SRC 2021 will look like…
- 10 Weeks: Mon June 28 to Sun September 5
- Registration starts June 28, 2021
- All ages: This year, we’re including everyone, from birth to adults.
- Online: We’re keeping it simple—all reading club activities are on our website.
- Flexible: Set your own goals and we’ll help you stay motivated.
- Weekly lists: Do one, do them all, do something else. You’ll find weekly lists of books, resources, and activity suggestions for every age group.
- Virtual Programs: Participate in our virtual programs for all ages.
- Learn more at: bpl.on.ca/SRC
10th Annual HCCF Charity Golf Classic:
As a Catholic Community, we are called by Jesus to care for others. At the Halton Catholic Children’s Foundation (HCCF), they strive to do this by providing financial assistance to HCDSB students and their families in need – creating Hope, Dignity and Equity so that students can access learning and education without financial barriers to success.
Students at our school have benefitted from HCCF’s financial support in the past. Please consider supporting them so that they can continue to say “Yes” to helping HCDSB students and families with basic necessities (such as food and clothing, school supplies, shoes, eyeglasses, personal hygiene items, and learning technology).
You are invited to support the 10th Annual HCCF Charity Golf Classic on July 20th – Piper’s Heath Golf Club. Golfers, sponsors and prizes are needed.
Not a golfer? Please pass this information along to someone who is, or consider making a personal / corporate donation.
Have a great week!
N. Costa and the St. Paul Staff
- Click on the “Schools” tab at the top of the page
- Click on “School Listing”
- Click on “Elementary Class Placement”
- Scroll down to St. Paul School
- Enter OEN, click search
- Your child’s name, school year and placement will be displayed