Dear St. Paul CES Families,
We are so thankful for all the support from families as we work together through the first few weeks of safety routines during entry and exit procedures. We really do appreciate your support, cooperation and understanding as we continue to make things run as smoothly as possible for the month of September. Looking forward to another great week at St. Paul School.
- Click here to view an electronic version of our –>
- Click here to view an electronic version of our –>
New COVID-19 School Screening Tool:
On Thursday, September 17, 2020, the Ontario government released to school boards an online screening tool available for families, school staff and essential visitors to meet their obligation to screen themselves or their children for symptoms of illness each day before going to school. School boards and local health units have been asked to align the criteria in their screening tools with this new screening tool for schools.
The COVID-19 School Screening tool has been posted on our Return to School (RTS) website under Daily Screening, and is accessible here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/.
Parents or guardians (and students 18 years of age or older) must complete this new COVID-19 School Screening tool before leaving for school each day. Please use this screening tool moving forward, as the one that was provided at the start of the school year is no longer applicable.
Based on the new criteria in the school screening tool, the following changes to our previous screening protocol will now apply:
- Household members and close contacts of a symptomatic individual are no longer required to self-isolate unless they have symptoms. This means that unless otherwise directed by Public Health or a health care provider, siblings are not required to stay home or miss school while awaiting test results for the symptomatic student.
- However, if a household member (including siblings) has COVID-19 symptoms, they are required to self-isolate while awaiting test results.
- In cases where an individual tests positive for COVID-19, all close contacts and household members (including siblings) will be required to self-isolate and will require clearance from Halton Public Health before returning to school.
The attached chart (Return to School Protocol for Students with COVID-19 Symptoms.pdf) outlines the revised Return to School Protocol for Students with COVID-19 symptoms.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate through this period of time. The health and well-being of our students, staff and families continues to be our highest priority as we work closely with our Public Health Officials to ensure a safe school year for all.
- ARRIVING ON TIME: It is VERY important that students arrive on time for school in the morning. Students begin arriving between 8:25-8:40 each morning. Please make every effort to arrive no later than 8:40am so we can avoid congestion at the office. We appreciate your support in keeping everyone safe.
- WATER Bottles: Please do not forget to to send in your refillable waterbottles with your child(ren). All drinking fountains are closed except for the refillable water stations.
- SAFE ARRIVAL PROGRAM: Our school offers an automated student attendance management system called SafeArrival, provided through SchoolMessenger®.
The SafeArrival system is available 24/7, allowing you to report your child’s absence in one of three ways:
- using the SchoolMessenger® mobile app
- by logging into the SchoolMessenger® web site
- by calling into an interactive toll-free phone line at 1-844-445-4505
Click on the FAQ for more information about how to use the new SafeArrival student attendance management system.
The safety and wellbeing of our students is our highest priority, and SafeArrival enhances our existing student attendance procedure by making it more convenient for parents to report a child’s absence, and more efficient for our school office staff to follow up sooner on unexplained absences.
- Medical Conditions – Thank you to all the families who have submitted an updated copy of the student Plan of Care. We have a number of students who suffer from life threatening allergies. Anaphylaxis is a medical condition which causes a severe reaction that can result in death in minutes. Although this may not impact your child’s class directly, we request that you choose to send foods that are free from peanuts or nut products.
- Uniform Room Still Open: Let the office know if you require uniform items for this year. The room is closed for public viewing but is open for requests. These gently used uniforms have been donated to the school by families for families. We are following all safety protocols when storing and sharing items.
- AGENDAS: Student agendas for grades 1-8 have been distributed. Please log into Schoolcash online to submit your payment.
- Verification Forms: Please review all contact information and submit any changes as student verification forms come home this week. Return all forms to your child(ren)’s homeroom teacher by the end of the week.
- Orange Shirt Day – Sept 30th: Students are encouraged to wear an orange shirt (they are to wear uniform bottoms) on Wednesday, September 30th. Orange Shirt Day annually in recognition of our indigenous community. It is an affirmation of our commitment to ensure that everyone around us matters. Our Catholic Social Teachings call us in Solidarity with our indigenous sisters and brothers to honour the human dignity in all. http://www.orangeshirtday.org
- Catholic School Council: We invite you to consider nominating yourself or another parent to participate in this year’s Catholic School Council. Please forward your the nomination form to the office by 4:00pm on September 25th, 2020. Should we receive more nominations than required, we will hold an election on Wednesday, September 30th, 2020. If we receive the appropriate amount of nominations or less, and all nominations fulfill the requirements, they will be acclaimed and the school community will be informed. Please note that the first Catholic School Council Meeting will be held on Monday, October 5th, 2020 at 6:30pm via TEAMS (virtual platform).