HCCEF 24 HOUR FAST – JUNE 3-4, 2020:
There’s still time!
Please consider joining our St. Paul Team as we share some love/support to families in need in partnership with the Halton Catholic Children’s Education Foundation.
We are fasting to help us to connect to our neighbours who are in need – people who are forced to fast by their poverty. Struggling HCDSB families need your help to purchase food and other basic necessities. Neighbours who often need to make really tough choices between food or rent or clothes for their children. We are giving because, believe it or not, there is a great need in Halton to help students – 10.5% of Halton children live in low-income households. Amazingly that’s about 3600 HCDSB Students….we had no idea that many children were in need. Poverty remains a powerful factor in whether a student succeeds in school. Please be kind, be generous and consider donating for the HCCEF 24 Hour Fast. You can do a one-time donation to help support students/families in our HCDSB community. Thank you!
Click on the link to join the team.
- Poverty remains a powerful factor in whether a student succeeds in school.
- HCDSB Families are struggling to buy food and basic necessities.
- Our faith guides us to help our neighbors in need. – “….whatever you do for the least of these, my brothers and sisters, you do for me…” Matthew 25:40
- HCCEF needs your help, to continue to say “Yes” to supporting families with basic necessities……to say “Yes” to our neighbors in need.
|# Families Helped||# Students Helped|
|March & April 2019||25||30|
|March & April 2020||92||215|
|% increase from 2019 to 2020||370%||710%|
Join the 24 Hour Fast – June 3-4:
Similar to a Walk-a-thon, people would:
- Join a team
- Ask friends/family to sponsor – if they are able
- Fast on June 3-4 – Fast from…. Food? Social Media? Video Games?Something Else?
- Start at the time you want i.e. AM or PM
- Just go about your day at home or work (for most people these days, that’s one in the same)