Dear St. Paul CES Families,
A reminder that all HCDSB schools will be CLOSED to students on Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 as a result of the recent announcement by OECTA of a province-wide one-day full withdrawal of services. Please do not send any students to school on Tuesday.
Click on the blue link below to access our St. Raphael Parish News.
MENTAL HEALTH TIP OF THE MONTH – JANUARY
- Click on the blue link to access this months Mental Health Tips –> Mental Health Tip of the Month – January
- If you know anyone that has a little one at home turning 4 before December 31, 2020 please be sure to have them contact Mrs. Quinn at the office about registering them for the next school year starting in September 2020.
X-MOVEMENT IS BACK:
- We are happy to welcome back X-Movement leaders who will be running the X-Fusion program for all the students throughout the week. Click here for more information –> X-Fusion Session 2
ISW UNIFORM SALE:
- In School Wear will be having their annual February sale from the 1st to the 8th, 2020. Please click here for more info – ISW Uniforms WINTER SALE BUR
SALAD BAR IS BACK:
- Our Salad Bar Session 2 begins on Wednesday, March 4th to Wednesday April 15th. You can place your order on SCHOOLCASH ONLINE starting February 3rd. Click here for additional information –> Salad Bar Order Form – Session 2
CHANGE TO LUNCHBOX DAY – NOW ON WEDNESDAY (this week only)
- With anticipation of a school closure on Tuesday, Feb 4th, Lunchbox Orders has rescheduled the Tuesday lunch to Wednesday. If you have an order placed for the February 4th delivery, the lunch has been moved to the new delivery date on Wednesday, February 5th.
- If you have not placed your order for next week, you may do so until Sunday, February 2nd at NOON.
- Questions? Please contact the Lunchbox Orders Team at 1.877.426.6860 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ordering Info –> LUNCHBOX ORDERS – WEEK TO WEEK
- Parents are reminded that the back parking lot is dedicated for staff only. Please park in the main parking lot or use our kiss n’ ride. Parking By-law officers will be making their way to the back and front parking lots during our heavy traffic times to ensure everyone is parking in dedicated parking spots.
NOTRE DAME TRIVIA NIGHT:
- See the attached information about Trivia Night at Notre Dame Secondary School –> TRIVIA NIGHT PDF 2020
JUMP ROPE FOR HEART UPDATE:
We are over half way ($1142) to our Jump Rope for Heart fundraising goal of $2000. As a reminder that all pledges are due on our Jump date of February 13th. All funds raised will be donated to the Heart and Stroke Foundation and Cardiac Kids.
Register and fund raise online at JumpRopeForHeart.ca.
PROMOTING WELL BEING:
How Much Privacy Should Teens Have in the Digital Age? Tips to keep you kids safe in the digital world.
“As children get older, they begin to individuate, or develop their own unique sense of identity. As part of this normal developmental process, they begin to want more space and privacy from their parents and caregivers.
Most parents remember going through this stage themselves. But you might still feel a little uneasy, even frightened, about your teen’s increased need for privacy, especially when it comes to the internet. You love your child and want to keep them safe, and your awareness of internet predators, cyberbullying, and other online dangers can make you wonder how it’s possible to both give them privacy and ensure their safety.
There are several ways to allow your teen a measure of privacy online but still keep them safe.” Read more at – https://thriveglobal.com/stories/how-much-privacy-teens-digital-age/