Dear St. Paul CES Families,
“Come, Lord Jesus, come.”
Welcome to our First Week of Advent where we light the candle of HOPE –
Jesus, you came to us as a baby, helpless and small. Help us to see a call to quiet and stillness in your smallness. Stay close to our hearts today, as we go about our busy lives, and give us the gift of your peace.
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace, as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).
Click on the blue link below to access our St. Raphael Parish News.
- December 1, 2019
- NEW – Family Christmas Mass: On Tuesday, December 17th at 6:30 p.m. St. Paul will be celebrating our Family Christmas Mass, along with the St. Raphael School Community! We are looking forward to seeing our St. Paul families there! After Mass, there will be light refreshments and a craft in the Parish hall that can be enjoyed by all! A hard copy of our Christmas Mass letter will be going home to all families on Monday. To prepare for this gathering, we also ask that you indicate if you will be attending and how many from your family will be joining us. Please send back the letter to your homeroom teacher by Monday, December 2nd. We thank you again for your ongoing support in the faith development of our school community and look forward to celebrating the Christmas Season with you!
- St. Vincent de Paul Christmas Food drive: Please consider donating items to support families in our community. We are looking for Tetra pack juice, toilet paper, canned tomatoes, rice, pudding cups, fruit cups, tomato sauce, side kicks and toothpaste.
- NEW Pizza Term Starts January 9th, 2020: Please see the attached for information to order pizza lunch for your child/ren starting in the new year. All orders are due on Thursday, December 19th, 2019.
- Pizza Day Letter – December 2, 2019
- Weekly Order Form – December 2, 2019
- New Uniform Hoodies: Please click on the links for some exciting news. St. Paul School Hoodies are now available at ISW.
- ISW – St. Paul Hoodie 2019 Flyer
- St. Paul – ISW Order Form
- LOST and FOUND: Parents – Please consider coming by the school this week to have a look in our lost and found bin for items that your child/ren may have misplaced. There will also be reminders throughout the week for students to come down to have a look themselves to see if any items belong to them.
- Salad Bar: Salad Bar continues this week. Please remember to bring in your salad bar container this Wednesday.
- LunchBox Tuesday: Ordering Info –> LUNCHBOX ORDERS – Reminder
- Family Christmas Movie Night – Wednesday, December 4th (doors open at 6:15pm) ChristmasMoviePoster2019
- Christmas Joy Day for Grades 1-8: Save the date – Thursday, December 19th, 2019 – Times to be determined. Parents/Guardians will be invited into each classroom/library/gym to partake in Liturgical/Christmas activities. Join us for a great way to celebrate the Advent season – thank you to all our staff involved in the planning of this day. Stay tuned for more info.
- Christmas Market: Please see the attached message from our Catholic School Council about our New Christmas Market. Click here for more info –> St Paul’s Christmas Market December 17, 2019
PROMOTING WELL BEING:
Laughter – The trick with laughter is it can’t be forced but when it comes organically it can connect people and diffuse stress, anger, and other negative emotions. An examination of laughter, by Dr. Robert Povine, a neuroscientist, concluded that laughter influences intimacy with others. In fact, he found that the amount of laughter in women indicated the health of their relationships. Laughter can increase the good hormones and decrease the bad. It can decrease heart rate and blood pressure while increasing the strength of the immune system. As we move from youth to middle age, the inclination to laugh or play decreases significantly. The good news is we can change this and make an effort to laugh more often. Through funny movies, hanging with funny people, or whatever we need to do to seek it out, adding laughter to one’s healthy tool box is another freeway to achieve a great level of emotional and physical health (and that’s something to laugh at).
Looking for items like…
Tetra pack juice, toilet paper, canned tomatoes, rice, pudding cups, fruit cups, tomato sauce, side kicks, toothpaste.
- Doors Open at 6:15pm
- Elf Movie – Library at 6:30pm
- The Grinch Movie – Gym at 6:30pm
- Bring your water bottle, blanket, pillow and PJ’s
- Free Popcorn