Hello St. Paul Families,
It is hard to believe we are headed into our last week of the 2018/19 school year. It has been a very productive and successful year! As a community, we are blessed with dedicated staff and parents who are committed to ensuring that, together, we make a difference in the lives of our wonderful students! Thank you all again for a great year.
On behalf of the staff and students of St. Paul, I would like to extend a heart felt thank you to Mrs. Bilinski as she is retiring at the end of this school year. Her love and dedication to her Kindergarten students and the Community was evident each and every day during her 6 years here at St. Paul School (25 years total in our Board).
We also wish all the best to staff that are moving on to different schools at the end of this school year.
- Ms. Fernandes (Grade 7)
- Ms. Martin (Grade 4/5)
- Ms. Dutra (Kinergarten ECE)
- Ms. Bach (Grade 2)
- Ms. Pitt (SERT)
- Ms. Tyler (SERT)
- Ms. Correia (EA)
- Ms Mezzone (EA)
Finally, best of luck to our Grade 8 graduates as they say goodbye to the staff and students of St. Paul School. May your Graduation day (Monday, June 24th) be a memorable one and may the blessings of our Lord guide your feet as you embark on new and exciting paths. God bless you!
Please see below for some important information items.
- St. Raphael Parish News: June 23, 2019
- Play Day – Tuesday, June 25th: This will be a scheduled civvies day where students do not need to wear their school uniform. The students are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing. Please remember to bring hats, running shoes and water bottles. Don’t forget to apply that sunscreen prior to coming to school.
- A FREE pizza Lunch will be provided to all students during the regular lunch hour on play day. Accommodations can be made at the office for students with gluten/dairy allergies. Students will also be receiving a Small Kisko Freezie Treat at the water/rest station during Play Day.
- 9:00-11:50: Grades 1-5 activities in the morning
- 12:50-2:30: Kindergarten activities in the afternoon
- Grades 6 Team leaders throughout the day
- Grade 7 Game leaders throughout the day
- NEW – Non-Uniform Days this week – Civvies Week starts on Tuesday! On Tuesday, June 25th through to Friday, June 28th – the whole school will be allowed to put away their uniforms for the summer. This will allow families to go through their uniforms to prepare for the start of a new school year in September. As always, our Uniform Room is available for any families to come in and drop off or take uniform pieces throughout the year. Please consider donating some uniforms to top up our shelves and hangers!
- Moving? If you are planning on moving out of the area or changing schools, please let our office know as soon as possible to facilitate the school organization for the 2019-20 school year. God Bless to all the students/families that are leaving our St. Paul Community. We will miss you.
- YEARBOOKS: The 2018-2019 school yearbooks are on sale now! This is your chance to order the student yearbook for 2018-2019 by clicking on SchoolCashOnline. A yearbook is the best way to preserve the school year for decades to come. The Panther Yearbook is a professionally printed book of photos and memories. Every student from JK to grade 8 is represented in the book, as are major events, clubs, athletic teams, daily school life, and much more. Get yours today! To be delivered in September 2019.
- SEPTEMBER 2019 OPENING PROCEDURES: Tuesday, Sept. 3 – Back to School! Parents are asked to review the procedures for looking up their child’s class placement for September. Please Note: All elementary student class placements will become live on Friday, August 30, 2019. Parents will need your child’s OEN number which is found at the top of their report card. Follow these steps to access this information:
- Click on school tab-school listing
- Click on Elementary school placement
- Enter OEN, click search
- Your child’s name, school year and placement will be displayed
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: Grade 1-8 students and parents proceed to the pavement area (between 8:25-8:40 am) where they will meet their teachers and placements will be confirmed. Please note, all lists are tentative until after the first couple of weeks of school as numbers can change. Kindergarten students will have a staggered entry and do not begin on the First Day of school as the Teachers and ECE’s will be taking part in interviews.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION FOR FALL: Route information for your child for the 2019-2020 school year will be available online at the transportation website at www.haltonbus.ca in the last week of August. To access this information, you will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) which appears on the top of your child’s report card.
- TERM 2 REPORT CARDS: The student report cards will be sent home on Tuesday, June 25th. Please ensure that the signed Comment slip is returned to the school by Thursday, June 27th. Reports will be mailed home if students are absent. Please ensure the office has your current mailing address.
- LOST AND FOUND: Please be sure to check our Lost and Found container for any lost items prior to the school year ending. All unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
- Medical Conditions – Parent/Guardian Packages: If we currently hold medication for your child, please note that it must be picked up by dismissal (1:40 p.m.) on Friday, June 28, 2019. We do not store medications over the summer.
Medication or any other medical apparatus (i.e. AeroChamber ®, EpiPen ®),
which is not picked up will be sent home with your child at dismissal.
Have a great Summer!
Yours in Catholic Education,