Dear St. Patrick Families,
We have been working hard and are so excited to welcome you all back to school this week! Please be reminded of the staggered entry schedule that was sent out to families last week:
Staggered Entry Grades 1-8
|Tuesday, September 7th||All in-person learners with surnames beginning with the letters A-K will come to school. |
|Wednesday, September 8th||All in-person learners with surnames beginning with the letters L-Z will come to school. |
|Thursday, September 9th||ALL in-person learners will come to school.|
Staggered Entry Kindergarten
|Tuesday, September 7th||Year One and new to the school Year Two interviews. No students in attendance. |
|Wednesday, September 8th||Year One and new to the school Year Two interviews. No students in attendance. |
|Thursday, September 9th||ALL Year Two students attend. Scheduled Year One students attend for the day.|
|Friday, September 10th||ALL Year Two students attend. Scheduled Year One students attend for the day.|
|Monday, September 13th|
All Year One and Year Two students attend and continue daily attendance.
There have been several recent changes to our Staff compliment. We say goodbye to Mrs. Boss and Mrs. Hurley, who have both accepted new roles within our Board. We thank them both for their contributions to St. Patrick School and wish them all the best in their new endeavours! Congratulations and may God continue to guide you both as you embark on your new journey!
We welcome to our staff Mrs. Crawford (Kindergarten Teacher), Ms. Soares (DECE), Ms. Petruzzi (Grade 5/6 Teacher), Mr. Figliola (Teacher of the Arts), Mrs. Verardo (SERT), Ms. Brennan (EA), Mr. Brown (EA), Ms. Monteiro (Resource Teacher), and Mr. Ramirez (Custodian). We extend our prayers and good wishes to you as you begin your new roles at our school and know you will love the St. Patrick family as much as we do!
The First Days of School 2021
Detailed information about our Return to School Plan was emailed out to all families last Friday afternoon. If you haven’t yet had a chance to read it, we encourage you to read the plan prior to your child’s first day of school.
We ask you to please review the following information to prepare for your child’s first day of school this week:
Daily Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
Self-screening must be completed each day before a student attends school by using the Ontario School and Child Care Screening Tool. If a student does not pass the self-screening, they are to remain home and follow the direction given on the screening tool. To ensure the safety of all students and staff, students are not permitted to enter the school building until the self-screening has been completed.
Confirmation of Screening
Confirmation of screening must be submitted daily to classroom teachers for the first two weeks of school (unless directed otherwise by the Ministry of Education). This process will occur through a student log that will be brought to school each day. Alternately, students who have smart phones can show their teacher the “green pass” from the Ontario School Screening Tool. For the first day of school, please utilize one of the following methods to confirm screening:
- Print a copy of the Confirmation of Screening log, complete, and send to school with your child. Copies of the log will be provided to students on their first day of school for those that do not have a printed copy from home.
- Email your child’s teacher to confirm completion of screening.
- Students who have a smart phone can show their teacher the “green pass” from the Ontario School Screening Tool.
Staggered Entry and Dismissal Procedures
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, all teachers will greet students on the back pavement in single file lines. Signs will be placed on chair markers to indicate where each class will line up. Please send your child to the appropriate line once you arrive. We kindly ask that parents do not enter the school yard. Teachers will use these first few days of school to show their students their designated entry/exit door. Direct entry for Grade 1-8 students will begin on Friday, where teachers will then meet their students at their classroom door. School staff will be on the yard every morning to ensure safe arrival to their appropriate door.
Students in Grades K-3 will begin dismissal at 3:20 every day. Students in Grades 4-8 will dismiss at the final 3:30 bell.
- Mrs. DiFabio, Mrs. Colalillo, Mrs. Langdon and Mrs. Kehl will dismiss their classes from the yellow gate at the South Parking Lot. Should parents of children in these classes wish to pick up from Door 4 on the North Parking Lot side of the school, please let your child’s teacher know. School staff will wait with students on the north side of the building.
- Kindergarten Dismissal:
- Mrs. Repa – Door 1
- Ms. Soares – Door 2
- Mrs. Crawford and Mrs. Borg – Door 3
- Mrs. Goodman and Mr. Giannou will dismiss from Door 4
- Mrs. Schroeder and the Grade 7/8 class will dismiss from Door 9
- Mr. O’Neill, Ms. Petruzzi and Mrs. DeMeo will dismiss from Door 10
To further support health and safety on school premises, we ask the following:
- All adults accessing the school wear a non-medical mask when distancing cannot be maintained (i.e. drop off and pick up times)
- Parents/guardians are not permitted access to the school or the school yard without prior approval from the Principal (as per the Visitor Protocol).
- Only one parent or guardian will be permitted on school property to drop off and pick up children.
- When your child arrives at school they must have their mask on.
- Students may not play in the school yard before or after school. This procedure is in place to keep all student with their cohort at all times and to limit the number of students in our hallways at one time.
- We have established designated entry and exit doors for your child’s class (cohort). They may only enter and exit the school through their designated door.
- Parents and caregivers are asked to leave the school property as soon as they drop off their child(ren). No gathering or congregating will be permitted on school property to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
New at St. Patrick!
We are excited to tell you about all of the hard work that’s been happening at St. Patrick over the summer months!
An Outdoor Classroom was added to our back yard space, near the treed area. This will be a wonderful space for outdoor lessons and read-alouds. We’re so excited to begin using this space!
We’ve also installed two sensory paths and walls over the summer months. They look fabulous and we can’t wait to see the children in these spaces!
Finally, we understand that this September once again looks different than it may have in the past, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation with the above procedures. Your support is much appreciated as we begin a new school year together in the safest way possible. We look forward to the year ahead with great hope for all the wonderful things to come!
Yours in Catholic Education,
D. Comito, Principal