Let us not be satisfied with a mediocre life.~Pope Francis
Thank you for your continued participation and support of your child and our teachers as we complete week eleven of Distance Learning.
Thank you to Mrs. Schroeder, Mrs. Boss, Mr. Curto and Mrs. McCormick for visiting the grade 8 graduates this week and dropping off their grad lawn signs and diplomas. We wish them well on their Grade 8 Graduation – the virtual ceremony will be viewed this evening – Friday June 19 at 7:00 pm with the graduates, their families and staff. We will post the ceremony on our school website over the weekend for our community to enjoy!
Thank you to Mrs. Schroeder and the Strategic Communications Department at the HCDSB for all their creativity and support producing the St. Patrick CES 2020 Graduation Ceremony.
Thank you to all our families who continue to support the Burlington “Front Porch Clap” in support of our essential workers! Please remember to show your support each Friday evening at 7pm ~ TOGETHER Let’s make some NOISE & show our appreciation!!!
Thank you to all who signed up for Curbside Pick Up and Drop Off. We still have a few families that have not booked an appointment. Please do so following the directions below:
- Go to the scheduling webpage at https://stpatrick.parentinterview.com/
- Enter the Access Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
- Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
- Click on “Appointments for Belongings Collection”
- Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to attend the school to retrieve your child’s belongings and returned items listed below – ONE APPOINTMENT PER FAMILY
- Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
- Print out, email or copy down your appointment time
The Access Code for this appointment is pat2020
Please do not share this code with anyone outside your school community.
We will have the following ready for you to Pick Up at door ten:
- Personal belongings in lockers, desks and cubbies
- EpiPens® or other medications
Please bring the following for Drop Off at door one:
- Technology (devices) borrowed
- Special education equipment
- Sports uniforms
- Library books
- Musical instruments and mouth pieces (where applicable)
Please note that all devices/technology will need to be returned by the end of June.
Distribution of Report Cards
This year, in light of the school closures due to COVID-19, student report cards will be delivered electronically. The report cards will be sent directly to parents and guardians by email on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
Parents and guardians will need their child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) in order to access the report card. Your child’s OEN number can be found on a previous report card. The Ministry has waived the expectation for both a teacher and parental signature for this reporting period. The school principal’s electronic signature will appear on all student report cards.
As with all reporting periods, parents and guardians may contact their child’s teacher to arrange a time to discuss the report card. You are also welcome to contact school administration with any questions or should you require further clarification.
ISW June Sale – Save 10% on your entire purchase
· Returning Students – Log into your account to shop for your uniform. Our new chat window lets you connect with one of your uniform experts while you shop!
· New Students 3 WAYS TO SHOP
- IN-STORE APPOINTMENT – New families are welcome to book an in-store one-on-one appointment with one of our uniform experts.
- VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT – New families are welcome to book an appointment from home via video chat with one of our uniform experts.
- ONLINE LIVE CHAT – Our new chat window lets you connect with one of our uniform experts while you shop.
Promoting Well-Being – Mental Health Family Stress
- When we first become parents, the hopes and dreams we have for our children are boundless. These tiny little humans who we have sworn to nurture, protect and love without condition have a lifetime of opportunities awaiting them. But life is unpredictable, and we face challenges for which we are unprepared. No matter how fiercely we fight to protect our children, there are some things in life we can’t control. According to the World Health Organization, 20% of adolescents (age 10-19) will experience a mental health condition, and now with families facing life during the Coronavirus, those mental health conditions will intensify. In the article Mental health and psychological resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organization outlines the impact that COVID-19 can have on children and families and makes recommendations on how to handle this unprecedented time.
- When a loved one, especially one of our children has a mental health disorder, the added stress it brings to the other members of the family can be overwhelming. Not only are there day to day challenges, but when an extreme crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic hits, managing life becomes much more difficult. If your family is coping with the stress of a mental, behavioral, or developmental disorder, here are some tips to bring a little peace to your life and ease some of the anxiety in the home.
- Build family relationships – 125 Ideas to Keep Kids Entertained During the Coronavirus Crisis.
- Find a support system – Resources for Supporting Your Child’s Emotional Wellbeing During the COVID-19.
- Learn to cope with fear and anxiety – 7 Ways to Support Kids and Teens Through the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- Be an advocate – Coping With Anxiety and Depression During the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- Stop blaming yourself – Helping Children Cope with Emergencies.
- Take a break – How to Look After Your Mental Health During a Pandemic.
- Whether you are new to this journey or have been on this road for a long time, it is always a good idea to check in with yourself and your family. The stress of caring for someone with a mental health condition can make you feel powerless. With a strategy in place for dealing with the obstacles ahead, you and your family can stay strong together.
Follow us on Twitter @StPatrickB
Wishing you great weekend ~ the Staff of St. Patrick CES