The world is full of beautiful places. Let your heart be one of them.
Happy St. Valentine’s Day!
Thank you to all who participated in the $2 Valentine Civvies Day – we raised $300 to support the Halton Food For Thought Snack Program here at St. Patrick CES;
Thank you to all who have sent in their Mardi Gras envelopes in support of our annual fundraiser – pledge forms are due back by Friday February 21;
Thank you to all who have dropped off raffle prizes for our Mardi Gras Dance-A-Thon – please contact the office if you have any questions;
Thank you to our St. Patrick staff for all the extra curricular activities they support weekly here at school.
St. Patrick Church News
Follow St. Patrick Church on Social Media and keep up to date with all that is happening in our parish! There are three ways to connect to the parish:
- Instagram – St.PatrickChurchBurlington
- Twitter – @STPATBURLINGTON
- Website – stpatricksparish.ca
Sunday Coffee and Social
- Once a month, we will begin a coffee and treats social following the 11 am Masses on Sundays. This will give us the opportunity for fellowship with one another. We would like to thank the Catholic Women’s League for hosting our first few Sunday Coffee Socials.
- The dates for our Sunday Coffee Socials are Sunday, February 16 and Sunday, March 15
Ash Wednesday Liturgy – Wednesday February 26 – 9:30 am at St. Patrick Church
Confirmation Enrolment and Witness Mass – Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 11:00 am
Term One Report Cards – Wednesday February 19, 2020
- Report cards for term one will be coming home with your child on Wednesday February 19th
- Thank you to our parent volunteers that are organizing our Pancake Tuesday event at St. Patrick School for our students on Shrove Tuesday. All students will be served pancakes and juice in the morning on Tuesday February 25. If your child has an allergy you will be receiving a letter with options for that event early next week.
Mardi Gras Fundraiser – February 25, 2020
- Thank you to the many parent volunteers and for the many prize donations for our upcoming Mardi Gras fundraiser. If you’re able to help, whether it be your time to help us reach out to donors or contribute a prize, then please let the CSC know by contacting the office at 905-639-3975 or emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking forward to a great event!
PINK Shirt Day – Wednesday February 26, 2020
- On February 26 we encourage everyone to practice kindness and wear pink to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying. As the PINK Shirt Day movement grows each year, we see more and more people practicing kindness – both online and off – “Be the reason someone smiles today!”
Public Speaking Competition and Grade 3 Poetry
- Our school Public Speaking Competition will be held on Thursday February 27th beginning at 1:00 pm in the gym. Thank you to our students, staff, judges, timekeeper and masters of ceremony for supporting this event. We welcome our grade 3 poetry participants for the intermission portion of the afternoon. Can’t wait to hear these future public speakers!
Promoting Well-Being – List of Feeling Words From A to Z
By Amanda Morin
- Parents will often ask their kids to express themselves with words—”Use your words!” is a common playground refrain—but it’s not always easy for children. They are still exploring feelings and are sorely in need of emotional vocabulary to hang these feelings on.
- Helping our kids expand their emotional vocabulary not only aids them scholastically, but it also helps them better understand the subtlety of emotions and how words like “happy” and “elated” or “indifferent” and “disinterested” differ.
- By teaching our children the feeling words appropriate to their age—and encouraging them to use them when expressing themselves—we aid in their emotional growth now into their teen and adult years.
Wishing you a fantastic Family Day weekend ~ the Staff of St. Patrick CES
Follow us on Twitter @StPatrickB
On February 26 we encourage everyone to practice kindness and wear a pink shirt with uniform bottoms to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying. As the PINK Shirt Day movement grows each year, we see more and more people practicing kindness – both online and off.
“Be the reason someone smiles today!”