Remember the past with gratitude, live the present with enthusiasm, look forward to the future with confidence.
~ Saint John Paul II
Happy Summer Break!
- We would like to thank all our parents and students for a wonderful year at St. Patrick Catholic Elementary School. We wish you a relaxing and restful summer break. Take time to spend with your families and rejuvenate, and we look forward to seeing you in the new school year. Our office will open the week of August 26th. The first day of school for students is Tuesday, September 3rd for grades 1-8 students.
Final Assembly, Early Dismissal and Clap Out
- Friday June 28 is the last day of school with an EARLY DISMISSAL of 2:00 pm. We will have a final assembly at 1:15 with a recognition of the staff that will be leaving us, our grade 8 graduation class and a clap out for them.
St. Patrick Church News
The St. Patrick Church website can be accessed from the link http://stpatricksparish.ca/
- Thank you to Father Godwin Pinto and Mrs. Tessari for their spiritual guidance at St. Patrick Catholic School;
- Memorial Mass for Megan Teepell – There will be a memorial mass for Megan Teepell on Thursday August 29, 2019 at 7:00 pm at St. Patrick Church.
SEPTEMBER 2019 OPENING PROCEDURES: Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019
- Parents are asked to review the procedures for looking up their child’s class placement for September.
Please Note: All elementary student class placements will become live on Friday, August 30th, 2019. Parents/guardians will need their child’s OEN number which can be located at the top of students report card to access their class placement.
Follow these steps to access this information:
- Click on school tab-school listing
- Click on Elementary school placement
- Enter OEN, click search
- Your child’s name, school year and placement will be displayed
Grade 1 – 8 First Day School Procedures: Grade 1 – 8 students and parents are asked to proceed to the school playground where they will meet their teachers. Please note, all lists are ‘tentative’ until final numbers of have been determined in September.
KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS will have a staggered entry and DO NOT begin on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 as the Teachers and ECE’s will be taking part in interviews. Year Two (Senior Kindergarten) students begin on Thursday September 5, 2019. A letter with Year One (Junior Kindergarten) student information was mailed to families this week.
Promoting Well-Being – Ideas for Summer Reading
- Don’t view reading as a chore—Create a positive environment for reading so that children look forward to it. You don’t have to read, you get to read!
- Reading doesn’t have to only be books—Get a magazine about your child’s favorite hobby, turn on the captions and turn down the volume on the television, look for information on the web.
- Your day to day routines can provide reading experiences—cooking, using the phone book, reading instructions for a new game, and reading maps or brochures for your vacation spots are all authentic reading experiences
- Read during transitions times—Get some more reading time in during the drive to Grandma’s house or while waiting for the dentist.
- Keep reading those old favorites—Reading books that are a little easy or are even memorized build confidence and fluency.
- Read to your child—You get quality time with your child; you are a great reading model and you have the opportunity to talk to your child.
- Talk about books—Ask your child open-ended questions such as “What do you think about that story?” “What would you have done if you were that character?”
- Visit the library—Not only can the librarian help you find good, interesting books for your child, but they probably have a summer reading program your child can participate in.
- Support your child’s writing—There is no better letter/sound practice than writing. Provide supplies and opportunities for your child to write—letters, lists, messages, vacation journal or scrapbook, etc. Don’t worry about spelling—just praise your child’s efforts.
Follow us on Twitter @StPatrickB
Have a great summer! ~ the Staff of St. Patrick CES