“Encourage one another and build each other up.”
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Congratulations to Julienne A., our St. Patrick CES Public Speaking Representative with her speech on Pollution – good luck at the Regional Finals on Wednesday March 20 at St. John CES;
Thank you to the Catholic School Council and parent volunteers for their preparations for our annual Pancake Tuesday and Mardi Gras fundraiser – pledge envelopes are due back Friday March 1;
Good Luck to our Girls and Boys Basketball teams at the Assumption CSS Feeder School Tournaments – Girls on Thursday February 28 and Boys on Friday March 1;
St. Patrick Church News
The St. Patrick Church website can be accessed from the link http://stpatricksparish.ca/
- Movie Night for All Ages!!! – Saturday, March 2, 2019 – Pope Francis – A Man of His Word – Everyone is welcome to attend our next Movie Night, featuring the film: Pope Francis, A Man of His Word. Tickets are $10.00 which include pizza and a drink. Popcorn for sale at the event. We hope to see many of you at this very special showing!
Welcome Student Teachers from Brock University
- On Monday February 25 we welcome three student teachers from Brock University to St. Patrick CES – thank you for joining us for this placement!
Camp Couchiching Information Meeting
- Grade 8 students and parents are invited to join us on Tuesday February 26 at 6:30 pm in the gym for an information session with a Camp Couchiching Team representative.
Catholic School Council Meeting
- Tuesday February 26 at 7:00 pm in the Library – all are welcome!
PINK Shirt Day – Wednesday February 27, 2019
- On February 27 we encourage everyone to practice kindness and wear pink to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying. As the Pink Shirt Day movement grows each year, we see more and more people practicing kindness – both online and off – “Be the reason someone smiles today!”
- On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, the Catholic Parent Council of St. Patrick School will be serving pancakes in celebration of Shrove Tuesday. We will be purchasing products and taking the precautions associated with allergies in our school. Thank you to our Pancake Day volunteers.
Mardi Gras Dance-A-Thon
- Our annual Mardi Gras fundraiser is coming up soon. Thank you for your support of the St. Patrick CES annual fundraiser. Thank you for the many donations of raffle prizes to the office this week and the many volunteers working on this event.
- Envelopes are due back Friday March 1, 2019 to be eligible for raffle tickets!
Ash Wednesday Liturgy
- Thank you to our Grade 4 class for preparing our Ash Wednesday Liturgy on Wednesday March 6 – 9:45 am at St. Patrick Church – all are welcome to join us!
Promoting Well-Being – Self Esteem
- How we see ourselves
- How we feel about ourselves
- How we value ourselves
- How we feel others value us
Feeling good about yourself
- Recognize and appreciate strengths and abilities in yourself
- Practise positive self talk
- Care for yourself – spend time with people who make you feel good, do things that make you feel worthwhile, be realistic about what you can do, give and accept support, and focus on healthy lifestyle choices (being active, healthy eating).
- Cope with life’s “ups and downs” by making healthy choices: keeping physically active, eating and sleeping well and talking about your feelings.
Where to get help
If you have low self-esteem, turn to someone you know and trust to get help:
- Family physician
- School counsellor
- School social worker or child and youth counsellor
- Family members
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
You can also turn to the following resources:
- Region of Peel: Self Esteem: The Process of Strengthening Self-Esteem
- TeensHealth: How Can I Improve My Self-Esteem?
- Helping Children Feel About Themselves
Follow us on Twitter @StPatrickB
~ the Staff of St. Patrick CES