Winter Break Rapid Antigen Screening Kits for In-Person Students
As you may be aware from an earlier email, the school distributed Rapid Antigen Test kits for voluntary use over the Christmas holiday.
Please refer to the email sent on Wednesday December 15th for more information about the Rapid Antigen Test kits for in-person learners, including instructions for use.
Mandatory Screening for Students January 3-14th
Parents and guardians are asked to complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool for each child every day before leaving home for school.
Confirmation of the daily screening must be provided to the classroom teacher before school in one of the following formats:
- Email results to Homeroom teacher – teacher emails are listed on our school website
- Show “pass” confirmation on a personal device;
- Show printed copy of the screening tool indicating the current date and a “pass”
- Print of and Complete Confirmation of Daily COVID-19 Student Screening Log, which your child brings back and forth to school each day for the first 2 weeks in January.
Homeroom teachers will reach out to their families via email with a reminder.
COVID-19 Vaccination for 5-11 year old
First dose COVID-19 vaccination appointments for 5-11 year olds can now be booked through Halton Region’s online booking system for children five to 11 years of age (or turning five in 2021). Second doses can be booked at a date
closer to the recommended eight week interval. Appointments are dependent on paediatric vaccine supply and will be added to the Region’s booking system as supply is confirmed. Please keep checking Halton’s website and booking form as more appointments are added.
Appointments are available at the Region’s new paediatric child-friendly clinics (similar to a doctor’s office) and their four existing community clinics, featuring the Halton Heroes. Appointments are also available at select pharmacies and primary care providers & paediatric offices in Halton. Parents can decide which setting is best for their child, based on age and other personal factors. Information to assist with the decision is available on halton.ca/COVIDvaccines4kids.
- Read Halton Region’s November 22 media release to learn more.
- Find resources and information for parents and children from the Halton Heroes! Get colouring pages, word search, maze, videos and more!
Pizza Orders – The next block of pizza lunches will begin Wednesday Jan. 19, 2022 to February 23, 2022. Families are able to order beginning December 16th until January 10th. Please note: All purchases must be made on school cash online. Late orders will not be accepted.
Winter Break Travel
With the holiday season approaching, it is anticipated that many staff, students and families will choose to make travel plans over the break. We would like to remind families to follow federal directives related to international travel and quarantine requirements.
Daily Confirmation of COVID-19 Self-Screening
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8oC)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- If any signs or symptoms, students and other household members must stay home, and school must be contacted.
Please note that if a student or staff member shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, they cannot come to school. They must self-isolate and be tested for COVID-19.
On behalf of the staff of St. Nicholas Catholic School we wish all our students, parents, guardians and school community a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!! May the birth of our Saviour renew our faith and invigorate our call to love and care for one another. God bless you.
Mr. Agro and Mrs. Spotswood
Follow us on Twitter – @StNicholasHCDSB