As we begin a new week, listed are a few important informational items and upcoming dates.
End of Day Student Pick Up
Just a few gentle reminders for a safe, end of day pick up:
- Beginning at 3:00pm, the front of the school becomes a designated Bus Zone, cars are not permitted in this area.
- Families are asked to only use the Kiss & Ride or park in the south parking lot at the end of the school day when picking up students.
- The north parking lot is designated for staff parking only. Cars are not permitted in this area unless parked in a designated parking spot.
- Students not picked up by 3:35pm from the designated pick-up area will be waiting in the office.
Bus Route Delay Information
Buses continue to be inconsistent with their arrival and departure times. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to subscribe to receive bus route delay notification emails. To subscribe please follow this link https://www.haltonbus.ca/. A reminder to all students who ride the bus that masks are mandatory as is adhering to assigned seating.
St. Nicholas Catholic School Council
Thank you to our Catholic School Council and all the parents who joined us for our first meeting this past week. Please refer to the School Council drop down on our school website for information pertaining to our council. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday November 2nd at 6:30 pm. If there are any families that are interested in attending our November meeting, once the date gets closer, please email Mrs. Spotswood and a TEAMs link will be provided.
St. Nicholas Photo Day
Our school photo day is scheduled for Monday November 15, 2021. More details will be shared as the date approaches.
Lunch Supervisor – St. Nicholas 2021-2022
We are currently looking for Lunch Supervisors for both our main school area and our kindergarten area – this is a paid position. If you are interested and are available Monday to Friday – 11:50-12:50pm and have a current Vulnerable Sectors Criminal Reference Check – please contact our main office 905-827-4231.
Family Information Packages – Family Information/Consent Electronic Form!
As was communicated earlier this week – parents are asked to please complete the Family Information/Consent form electronically. The form may be accessed HERE. The form should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you already submitted a consent form, no further action is required.
Important Notes Before Completing the Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
If you experience a problem submitting a form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily Confirmation of COVID-19 Self-Screening
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment. Please note, we no longer require confirmation of the screening results.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8oC)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- If any signs or symptoms, students and other household members must stay home, and school must be contacted.
Please note that if a student or staff member shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, they CANNOT come to school. They must self-isolate and be tested for COVID-19.
PA Day & Thanksgiving
Families are reminded that Friday, October 8 is a Professional Activity. Staff will be participating in faith centered activities and professional development. There is no school for
students on this day. Monday, October 11 is Thanksgiving, no school for students. We will see all students back on Tuesday, October 12.
Wishing everyone a safe weekend.
Mr. Agro and Mrs. Spotswood
Follow us on Twitter – @StNicholasHCDSB