The Catholic School Council is the official advisory body to the school’s principal. Their respective duties include:
- Developing, recommending and promoting activities which will enhance the quality of school programs
- Improve the levels of student achievement
- Enhance the accountability of the education system to parents
Elections are held each September. The Council is comprised of elected and appointed representatives of the school community. Meetings will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the school library. Dates will be posted on our school website in our Calendar (see below for future dates). All parents are welcome to attend!
Catholic School Council Election Packages will be available starting Monday, September 9th, 2019.
Click here for your 2019/2020 Catholic School Council Election Package: Council Elections Package 2019
You may also now pick up a hard copy through our office. Please drop in to pick one up, or request that one be sent home with your child. Just a reminder that all package forms are due by September 20th at 4:00pm!
School Council Meetings :
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019 at 6:45pm will be Meeting #1
- Future meetings: Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 at 6:30pm, Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 at 6:30pm, Tuesday, March 10th, 2020 at 6:30pm, Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 6:30pm, and Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 at 6:30pm.
- Reminders of meetings will be sent through school email.
Catholic School Council Members (2019/2020):
Our 2019/2020 St. Michael Catholic School Council members are:
Anna Lazic – Chair
Fatime Spahiu – Co-Chair
May Xie – Parish Representative
Anna Lazic – OAPCE Representative
Julia Istvany – Community Representative
Brian Melanson – Principal
Lisa Soroko – Teacher Representative/Secretary
Kevin Philpott – Non-Teaching Representative
Sandra Laffrenier – Parent Representative
About Our School Council