COLDER WEATHER IS HERE: Temperatures are falling quickly and we want all students to be snug and warm! Students continue to go outside for all recesses unless it is raining. Please ensure that younger ones have all the outerwear they need to spend time outside and encourage older students to do the same. It’s not cool to be cold! If your family is in need of support, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Nunn or Mrs. Riesberry confidentially.
The #NoHateInHalton will launch on Monday, November 8th in schools across the Halton Region. This is a community campaign that was developed by our Halton Regional Police Services in collaboration with the four school districts in Halton.
As a school, we will be promoting this campaign through various activities in the classroom, and on social media. We are fortunate to live in such a vibrant and diverse community and are committed to nurturing a safe, welcoming and inclusive school where all students, families and staff know they are valued, respected, accepted and safe. Let’s work together to ensure that there is #NoHateInHalton!
FOOD TREATS AT SCHOOL: With the holidays quickly approaching St. Michael’s wishes to remind parents that food items (purchased or homemade) cannot be sent to school to be distributed to classes. We appreciate that you may want to treat your child’s class to something special to celebrate Christmas, a birthday or other special occasion, we ask that you please choose a non-food item to do so. Please note that there will be times when the school will provide students with a school-wide food treat to show our appreciation or to celebrate an occasion as a community, this it will be administration or school council driven. Thank you for your understanding.
LUNCH TIME SUPERVISOR: St. Michael is in need of an additional lunch time supervisor. This paid position is Monday through Friday (Holidays and P.A. Days excepted) from 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 p.m. If you might be interested and would like more details, please contact Mrs. Riesberry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school.
Monday, November 8
- DAILY COVID-19 SCREENING: Elementary students and staff are required to complete and PASS COVID-19 screenings EVERY morning prior to attending school using Ontario’s updated School Screening Tool. Please Note: Children must stay home, even if symptoms are mild.
- #NoHateInHalton launches today in schools across the Halton Region
Tuesday, November 9
- Practice – Fire Drill
Wednesday, November 10
- Parent/Teacher Interviews: Interview request forms are due today. One form for each family.
- St. Michael Church Visit – Grade 8’s
- Welcome Pathway Teacher from Holy Trinity to visit grade 8’s
Thursday, November 11
- Remembrance Day: Our school community will honour the men and women who have served our country with a Remembrance Day ceremony: Grade K-4 9:30 a.m. at St. Michael Church & Grade 5-8 at 10:30 a.m. at the Church. Thank you to our grade 8’s for leading this Liturgy.
- Canadian Colours ~ student and staff are welcome to wear Canadian colours (red/white, boy/girl guide, navy/cadet uniforms as a sign of our thanks and remembrance. Casual bottoms allowed if participating and uniforms if not participating.
- Poppy Donations: Each student will receive a poppy on Remembrance Day. If you wish to contribute a voluntary $2 donation (or a donation in any amount) to support the Royal Canadian Legion, please send with your child today.
Friday, November 12
- Happy Friday!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Tuesday, November 14 – 19 Bully Awareness Week – Freeze Out Bully Day – wear blue & $2 ice cream sandwich sales!!
Wednesday, November 24 – Progress Reports Go Home
Thursday, November 25 – Parent/Teacher Interviews in the Evening
Friday, November 26 – P.A. Day – No School for Students: Parent/Teacher Interviews