World Teacher’s Day
World Teachers’ Day is held annually on October 5th to celebrate all teachers around the globe. Please join us by thanking and acknowledging the incredible teachers we are blessed with at St. Michael School.
School Cash On-Line
Please visit school cash online to complete payment of Grade 1-8 Agenda.
Sports Equipment in Cohorts
When we return after Thanksgiving we will begin introducing outdoor sports equipment during recess. More detail will be forthcoming on what items can come to school and the protocols the students will be following.
Catholic School Council Meeting
We will have our first Catholic School Council Meeting on Monday, October 4, 2021. The meeting will be held virtually through Microsoft TEAMs at 6:00 PM. Parents who have submitted and/or received a nomination have been notified of their position on School Council.
PA Day and Thanksgiving
Friday, October 8th is a Professional Activity Day for staff; therefore there will be no school for students. Monday, October 11 is our Thanksgiving holiday. We wish all our families a wonderful Thanksgiving long weekend and we will see our students back on Tuesday, October 12th!
Family Consent Forms
Thank you to everyone who was able to complete their family consent forms. If you have not yet done so, please read the directions below and complete them as soon as possible. It is important we have accurate and up-to-date information for your children here at the school.
- Open your internet browser (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome)
- Type https://lf.hcdsb.org/Forms/parent_consents
- Enter your child’s preferred name and Ontario Education Number (OEN). The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- For those who are not able to submit, confirm you are entering your child’s preferred name, not legal name. Often, the preferred name is the short form of a longer legal name (e.g., Julia as opposed to Juliana).
- If your child’s name contains special characters (e.g., ë), you might also experience submission errors.
- If you are still having difficulty, send an email to email@example.com.
We are beginning to booked school pictures. Dates will be forthcoming! Our photographer will follow our public health protocols to help keep our students safe.
Cell Phone Use
A reminder that student cell phones are only to be used under staff supervision. They are for academic use or in case of emergency and a student needs to call home. In both circumstances, a staff member must supervise their use. Please do not text or call your child on their phone during the school day. If you need to give them a message, please call the office and we will make sure they receive it. Thank you for your co-operation. After 3:30 PM students are permitted to use their phones to text or call parents.