“We cannot tolerate or turn a blind eye to racism and exclusion in any form and yet claim to defend the sacredness of every human life.” Pope Francis.
We are down to the final days of fundraising for our Fall Fundraiser and we want to offer our sincere thanks to those who have already donated and contributed to the Fall Fundraiser! Donations are open till Friday!!
It was great to see everyone at the Pumpkin Patch and many of the students enjoyed their pumpkin cookies on Friday. 125 pumpkins sold and 300 cookies!!
DAILY COVID-19 SCREENING: Elementary students and staff are required to complete and PASS COVID-19 screenings EVERY morning prior to attending school using Ontario’s updated School Screening Tool. Please Note: Children must stay home, even if symptoms are mild.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FROM TOWN OF OAKVILLE CROSSING GUARDS:
- Required Public Health measures, including physical distancing. Students and parents must stay away from the curb and the crossing guard, while waiting to be crossed. They must listen carefully to the crossing guard’s verbal instructions as they will be crossing smaller groups in order to avoid overcrowding.
- Pedestrians must wait for the crossing guard to assist them in crossing safely. They are required to dismount their bicycles and walk across.
- Parents dropping off/picking their children must be patient, as frequent traffic stops might be necessary. Drivers – including cyclists – must stop and yield the whole roadway at pedestrian crossovers, school crossings and other locations where there is a crossing guard. Only when pedestrians and school crossing guards have crossed and are safely on the sidewalk can drivers and cyclists proceed.
- Illegally stopped or parked cars are a safety risk as they affect visibility for other drivers, pedestrians and/or crossing guards. For these reasons, streets around our schools have “No Stopping” and “No Parking” signs installed. For further information regarding parking enforcement, please refer to:https://www.oakville.ca/residents/parking-enforcement.html
- Fall is Here Now that the colder weather appears to have finally arrived, please ensure that students come dressed for our cooler temperatures. Students continue to go outside for morning, lunch and afternoon recesses unless it is raining. Let’s keep everyone cozy!
Monday, October 25
- Cybersecurity Week: continued education and learning of the importance of digital citizenship and awareness
Tuesday, October 26
- Fall Fundraiser: consider donating on school cash, make a donation, write a cheque
Wednesday, October 27
- Custodian Appreciation Day: thank you to our amazing Mr. Azevado & Mr. Anton for everything you do!!
- Child Abuse Awareness Day: staff are wearing purple to embrace the learning and importance of child protection, safety and well-being.
Thursday, October 28
- Pizza Orders – last day to order
Friday, October 29
- HALLOWEEN FUN DAY! Students are are invited to wear their Halloween costume or orange black today. Please leave costume masks and/or props at home. Get ready for a spooktacular day of FUN!!!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Thursday November 4 – Photo Day
Wednesday, November 24 – Progress Reports Go Home
Thursday, November 25 – Parent/Teacher Interviews in the Evening
Friday, November 26 – P.A. Day – No School for Students: Parent/Teacher Interviews
Prayers: For those struggling with mental health.