Happy Father’s Day to our St. Michael Dads!
Attendance! Please note that attendance will be taken daily as per usual. If your child will be absent from their virtual classroom, please report the absence via School Messenger. Please ensure students are on-time for learning and maintain learning for the day. If not, please complete attendance – or notifications will occur.
Not Returning? If your children will not be returning to St. Michael in September, please email Mrs. Riesberry at Riesberryj@hcdsb.org to let our office staff know as soon as possible. This information will be helpful to us as we begin to consider our classes for next year.
Goodbye and God Bless
Each year at this time we have to say goodbye to those who are leaving St. Michael to share their gifts and talents in other communities. We have enjoyed much laughter, much joy and much love with you here at St Michael and we wish you every blessing as you heed God’s calling and serve where He leads you. We have been enriched by your presence here at our school and you will be greatly missed! May God bless you abundantly as you continue your journey in Catholic Education.
At this time, we also say goodbye to the following staff members:
- Mrs. Rodrigues
- Ms. Petruzzi
- Mrs. Kelly
- Mr. Fisher
- Ms. Auger
- Ms. Joseph
- Mr. Saffuri
- Mrs. Clarkson
We wish them all the best as they move onto a new chapter in their lives and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for the time they devoted to us at St. Michael.
Monday June 21, 2021
National Indigenous People Day: National Indigenous History Month is a time for learning about, appreciating and acknowledging the contributions First Nations, Inuit and Métis people have made in shaping Canada. It is also an opportunity to recognize the strength of present-day Indigenous communities.
Wednesday June 23, 2021
Reports Cards Arrive Electronically: Health and Safety protocols due to COVID-19, all student report cards will be delivered electronically.
On March 22, 2021, the Halton OECTA Elementary Association began a job action across our district. As part of the current phase of job action, permanent teachers have been directed by OECTA not to prepare or input comments on student report cards. For most elementary students, the report card will include grade marks, but no comments.
Notwithstanding the above, please note the following:
- If your child’s teacher is a Long Term Occasional Teacher (i.e. not a permanent teacher with the Board), your child’s report card will include both grade marks and comments. Ms. Petruzzi’s Grade 6 will receive full comments in her instructional subjects.
- If your child is in Kindergarten, one comment (sentence) will be included in each frame of the report.
- If your child is evaluated on an alternative report card (which does not include a grade mark), the report will include one comment (sentence) for each section of the report.
As always, if you have any questions about your child’s learning, please contact their teacher directly.
Friday June 25, 2021
- CANADA DAY – students, staff & parents are invited to show off their Canadian spirit wear.
- Last Day of “LIVE teacher instruction.” June 28 & 29 – Teachers will post independent work for the students to access.
Monday June 28, 2021
Student & Medication Pick-up & Technology Drop-Off
We are designating Monday, June 28 as pick-up days for student belongings.
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- (Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 1/2, Grade 2/3, Grade 3/4) (Kindergarten will be at the front by the Kindergarten Yard)
- 1:00 am – 3:00 pm
- (Grade 4/5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8)
We will also have a table set up with students’ epi-pens, inhalers, and medication. If we currently hold medication for your child, please note that it must be picked up by June 28, 2021. Attached to your child’s medication will be a health care form from this past year. The information on these forms will need to be reviewed, updated, and returned during the week of August 30th, 2021.
Important! ** MASKS ARE MANDATORY!
Anyone accessing the school site must conduct a Visitor Screening BEFORE arriving.
Each of the following four (4) conditions MUST apply:
- You are symptom-free of respiratory illness;
- You are not to be in self-isolation, as advised by Public Health;
- You have not been outside of Canada within the last 14 days from the date of entry to the school site;
- You have not cared for or had known contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19 OR COVID-19 like symptoms (fever, new cough, difficulty breathing).
If any of the above conditions are not met, then you MUST NOT visit the school site.
Halton Food for Thought – Support Available for Families
We would like to make you aware of the support available to all families during these uncertain times through Halton Food for Thought and their partnership with Food for Kids. Please see the information below and note the link to access the website.
The Healthy Student Snack Bag program is open to all HDSB and HCDSB students and student families. There is no registration required – families are encouraged to go to the HFFT website Halton Food For Thought for dates, times, and locations to pick up the bags.
Oakville Public Library – Updates ~ Summer Reading Challenge 2021
We are celebrating the Oakville community this summer by showcasing local authors, partnering with community organizations for programs, and buying all prizes locally. Celebrate our community by joining the Summer Reading Challenge. Challenge your family and friends this summer. The more time you spend reading and earning badges the more entries you earn to win prizes (and bragging rights!).
To register for the Summer Reading Challenge and a chance to win cool prizes visit Summer Reading Challenge.