Thank you as always for your continued support with your children at home. We appreciate your time and dedication. Please take time to review this important information. This information can also be found https://elem.hcdsb.org/stmichael/
- Attendance: Please note that attendance will be taken daily as per usual. If your child will be absent from their virtual classroom, please report the absence via School Messenger. We will be following our usual process of contacting parents and guardians when student absences are not reported.
- Return to Learning: At this time, there is no news about if we will be returning to face-to-face learning. We will continue with our online learning and let you know if there are any updates.
- Sacraments: Unfortunately, Confirmation for our Grade 7 students and Reconciliation and First Communion for our Grade 2 students have been cancelled for the moment. Once the province enters Step 2 of its reopening plan, families may book times to celebrate these sacraments directly through the St. Michael’s Parish website.
- YMCA Child Care Center NOW OPEN: The YMCA of Oakville opened a new infant, toddler and preschool Child Care Centre at our school! We are thrilled to have them on site. Please see our website or contact YMCA for more details.
Monday May 31, 2021
- Welcome Mrs. Murphy as our new Secretary for June.
- Youth Vaccination Program Begins: Youth aged 12 years of age and over who live or attend school in Halton will be able to book their COVID-19 vaccination through Halton Region’s online booking system. For more information, please see the announcement on our school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/05/covid-19-youth-vaccination-program/
Tuesday June 1, 2021
- We will launch Pride Month with HCDSB Rainbow Day – a day to love one another and celebrate our differences, just as God loves and celebrates each one of us because we are all wonderfully made! All students are invited to wear all of the colours of the rainbow on Tuesday – or to choose their favourite colour. The information shared with students will be age-appropriate and consistent with grade-level curriculum expectations. As with all material that is taught in our Catholic schools, it will be presented through the lens of our Catholic faith.
Thursday June 3, 2021
- Grade 8 Parent Workshop Holy Trinity Grade 9 101. Parents and guardians of Grade 8 students entering Holy Trinity in September are invited to a virtual meeting about Grade 9 on Thursday night at 6 pm. Please see the flyer below for details and the meeting link. https://secondary.hcdsb.org/holytrinity/news/2021/05/grade-9-1o1-parent-workshop-june-3rd-6pm/
Friday June 4, 2021
- P.A. Day (No school)
Summer Learning Opportunities
- Students in JK – Grade 8 may enroll in the online International and Indigenous Language Program to learn a new language during the summer. The deadline for registration is June 18, and more information and the registration links can be found here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/youth-programs/international-languages/.
- Grade 8 students may also register for an International Languages credit course for September. The registration deadline is September 13, and registration is through myBlueprint. The list of available courses is available at the link here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Poster-2021-2022-International-Languages.pdf
- Grades 6-8 Students may enroll in online Summer Literacy and Numeracy Programs designed for students who have completed grade 8 curriculumn to support and reinforce expectations before moving to the next grade. The deadline for registration is June 24, and more information along with the links to register can be found on the Thomas Merton website here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/youth-programs/summer-literacy-and-numeracy/
- Grade 6-8 Students may also register for the Reach Ahead program where they can earn a Grade 9 credit in English or Science. The deadline for registration is June 24, and more information about how to register can be found in the flyer below. Visit: ThomasMerton@hcdsb.org
Halton Food for Thought – Support Available for Families
- We would like to make you aware of the support available to all families during these uncertain times through Halton Food for Thought and their partnership with Food for Kids. Please see the information below and note the link to access the website.
- The Healthy Student Snack Bag program is open to all HDSB and HCDSB students and student families. There is no registration required – families are encouraged to go to the HFFT website Halton Food For Thought for dates, times, and locations to pick up the bags.
Please feel free contact me if you need support, have questions and/or inquires. Riesberryj@hcdsb.org
Have a great week, God bless