Halloween is just around the corner, and with it our “annual” Halloween Parade and Dance-a-thon Fundraiser! As we near this event, here are a few important updates and reminders:
Fundraiser: Halloween Dance-a-thon! – Please do what you can to help raise money for our annual Fundraiser! Return your envelopes by Thursday, October 31st and help support our school! Let’s try to outdo last year’s goal of $5000 this year! If every child in our schools brings in at least $25 we can do it! More information and how to donate online, can be found at: https://elem.hcdsb.org/stmichael/2019/10/help-us-reach-our-goal-at-our-halloween-dance-a-thon/
Halloween Costumes and Parade! Once again, we will begin our Halloween day with a parade in our gym and neighbouring hallways. A few reminders about expectations for costumes:
Costumes must allow the student easy, independent access to the washroom (this is especially important for students from K to Grade 2) and allow the student to wear sufficiently warm clothing over or under the costume as weather/temperature dictates for outdoor recess.
Costumes must not:
– Impair vision or breathing, (therefore avoid masks)
– Present a trip hazard to the wearer or the bystander
– Represent disfiguring injury or, to put it bluntly, “blood and guts”
– Promote themes or activities inappropriate for a Catholic elementary school
– Be too revealing or suggestive
– Include weapons or replica weapons
– Require staff to apply or remove costume pieces and/or make-up
Our Parade will begin at 9am in our GYM. Join us if you want to see a “spook-tacular” show! The Dance-a-thon schedule will be posted on our website!
Reminder: Quiznos Order Forms The next round for ordering Quiznos Subs for November will start tomorrow! Forms will be coming home, and it will be available through Cash Online starting on Thursday and will close October 31st!