It has been a beautiful week with warmer weather, sunshine and many blossoms! I hope you have been able to get outside and enjoy the spring weather! Please be sure to check your emails for correspondence from the HCDSB Communications Department this week:
- Parent/Guardian School Climate Survey
- 2021-2022 International Languages Registration
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Speaker Series
- Feedback Survey – 2021 Long-Term Capital Plan
- Provincial Announcement: Children Aged 12 to 17 Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccination as of May 31.
Summer School Learning Opportunity
Please see attached information regarding the 2021 Summer school learning program:
Code of Conduct During Remote Learning
As Digital Citizens, users recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, in which they act in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
Students are required to demonstrate digital citizenship through the appropriate use of technology as outlined in our code of conduct. Our school’s Code of Conduct can be found on our school website. During this period of Distance Learning, there is an expectation that students continue to must abide by Board and school Codes of Conduct. To ensure the safety and well-being of all students, please review these student expectations.
Students are expected to:
- Treat other students and school staff with dignity, kindness and respect.
- Represent only themselves online. Students should never pretend to be someone else or allow someone else pretend to be them.
- Complete all work assigned to the best of their ability while adhering to rules around plagiarism.
- Always protect their password(s) and schoolwork so others cannot take advantage.
- Use appropriate and encouraging language when posting opinions, critiquing others and chatting on school platforms.
- Immediately contact the teacher if they are having issues with class platforms (e.g., password no longer working, difficulty submitting work, concern about cyber-bulling, etc).
- Notify their teacher should they feel their work has been compromised, copied or used without their permission.
- Be aware that inappropriate behaviour online could result in disciplinary action as per our Progressive Discipline policy
- Follow the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations while engaging in remote/online learning
We are committed to working with you to ensure a safe and productive learning environment for all members of our school community. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at the school.
Catholic School Council
This Monday May 17th, 2021 our Catholic School Council will be meeting at 7:00pm virtually. Any community members that are interested in attending please email Mrs. Gojmerac for an email link to the meeting.
For the most current information , please visit St. Matthew Parish Website for updates.
CONFIRMATIONS & FIRST COMMUNIONS- Parents of children registered to participate in celebrations of First Communion and Confirmation that have been postponed will receive the first set of alternate dates this coming week. The parish will schedule celebrations as late as possible in June, hoping that public health restrictions will permit us to hold them. Rest assured, we’ll also offer additional dates after things have improved substantially (likely in the Fall)