Daily Screening Tool and Isolation Requirements
We thank you for your continued support in following the Ministry and Public Health guidelines.
1. Updates to the COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool.
The COVID-19 School Screening Tool has been changed and will now require students and staff with any new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19, even those with only one (1) symptom, to stay home until:
- They receive a negative COVID-19 test result.; OR
- They receive an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.; OR
- It has been 10 days since their symptom onset, and they are feeling better.
Parents and guardians are reminded to complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool for each child every day before leaving home for school or child care: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/.
2. Self-Isolation Requirements for Families in a Household
The Ministry of Health has now indicated that all individuals living in the same household are now required to self-isolate when a family member has COVID-19 symptoms, even if the family member only has one (1) symptom.
The following isolation requirements now apply:
- All members in a household of a symptomatic individual are required to self-isolate until the individual:
- Receives a negative COVID-19 test result; OR
- Receives an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.
- If someone in your household tests positive, or is not tested and does not receive an alternative diagnosis from a health care professional:
- This individual must isolate (including from others in your household) for 10 days from the date of experiencing symptoms. AND
- All members of the same household must isolate for 14 days from their last date of exposure with the symptomatic family/household member.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we continue to adapt our health and safety protocols to meet Ministry of Education and Public Health requirements so that we can help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Parent Webinar on Managing Technology- March 2
OAPCE (Ontario Association of Parents in Catholic Education) is hosting a series of webinars for parents throughout the month on March. This week they are pleased to host a webinar with Paul Davis – Let’s Talk About You! Smartphones and Online Privacy on Tuesday March 2 @ 7:15 pm. Parents are welcome to register for this webinar at oapce.org.
We are thrilled to have Paul presenting on Internet Safety to our Gr.4-8 class on Friday, March 5th.
Christian Mediation as a Family
This week as we continue the journey of Lent, we invite you to continue the practice of Christian Meditation at home as a family. Exposing our children to the prayer practice of Christian Meditation is one of the greatest gifts that we can give them. It allows our children to deepen their understanding of what it means to be called into a relationship with God. We hope you and your child are enjoying Christian Meditation at Home on Fridays during this season of Lent. The following links have the audio and instructions for meditations between 2 and 5 minutes. https://learnathome.hcdsb.org/christian-meditation/
Thank you for reinforcing at home the importance of wearing masks with your children. We would also kindly request that parents wear masks if they are dropping off or picking up their children, or when getting out of their cars or coming to the front doors of the school. Please ensure that you avoid congregating in groups while picking up or dropping off your children. We appreciate your co-operation in keeping everyone as safe as possible!
Dress for the Weather
The cold weather has arrived! The best way to stay warm is to dress in layers, but when layers are removed, they often get lost! Please make sure that all of your children’s clothing is clearly labeled so that if it is lost, it can be returned to them. Also, we are outside for all recesses unless the temperature drops below -20 degrees Celcius, so make sure your children have dressed appropriately with mittens, hats, scarves, boots, and snow pants if necessary! Please note any information regarding bus cancellations or school closures will be posted on the Board Website: www.HCDSB.org.
St. Mary Tips
How to help your children cope with COVID-19? Please see this helpful resource:
We continue to draw on our faith and offer prayers for the safety and well-being of those who are sick and those who are working on the frontlines to care for them.
K. Dobbie & S. MacLeod