Give thanks to the Lord, who is good; whose love endures forever.”
Psalm 118 : 29
2021 St. Mark Major FUNdraiser
THANK YOU St. Mark Families for all your support in this year’s major FUNdraiser!! WE raised $6346.00 – surpassing our $4000.00 goal!! Thank you for your generosity – we are truly amazed with your contributions toward this year’s FUNdraiser.
All our classes had an amazing time showing off their costumes today, as they safely participated in our annual (virtual) Halloween Parade! As well, all classes enjoyed their time in the GYM (at scheduled times) for the Halloween Dance 😊
Thank you for Completing your Child’s Daily School Screening!
Thank you to all parents / guardians for your continued efforts in completing your child’s Daily School Screening https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ BEFORE students come to school / YMCA. Thank you for your continued cooperation in keeping everyone safe!
Any student or staff with signs/symptoms of COVID-19 MUST Stay at home / Self-isolate / Be referred for testing for COVID-19.
All Saints Day Party at St Gabriel’s Church
All children and youth are invited to an All Saints Day Party at St. Gabriel Parish this Sunday October 31 from 2pm-4pm. Come and have lots of fun in a safe environment as you learn the true meaning of Halloween.
You can come dressed up as your favourite saint/biblical character or else come in your favourite positive costume and enjoy an afternoon of fun, games and of course lots of candy. There will also be prizes handed out for the best and most innovative costumes.
No cost for the event. See you there!! Please RSVP to Fr. Paul Patrick at email@example.com
Masking Before and After School
Gentle reminder to our parents / guardians to wear a face mask during drop off and pickup times. As parents / guardians gather on school property, a 2-meter physical distance may not be possible. Please continue to do your part in avoiding the spread of COVID-19. Thank you!!
St. Mark Catholic School Council Virtual Meeting
Our second School Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 2nd virtually (i.e. Zoom). Please email Ms. Pasceri – firstname.lastname@example.org for the link, before noon on Monday, November 1, if you are interested in attending.
11th Annual HCCF Evening with Bishop Crosby – Virtual Edition
Wed. Nov. 17, 2021 – Reception at 6:30pm; Main Event at 7:00-8:30pm
The Halton Catholic Children’s Foundation (HCCF) supports HCDSB students in need with basic necessities (i.e. food and clothing) & with school activities that have a fee (i.e. team or club fees).
“With this funding the foundation has gratefully reduced the stress impacting the family and helped to ensure access to basic needs.” – HCDSB Social Worker
HCCF needs our help so they can continue to say “yes” to helping HCDSB students with financial barriers to learning. They are looking for companies to be a sponsor at the event and for community members to purchase tickets and to donate.
It is NOT another Zoom call. We are using https://www.kumospace.com/ so you can have fun and interact with your friends. Enjoy a meal and your favourite beverage while you catch up with others.
Join the Halton Catholic Community for an entertaining experience where you can connect with your friends and hear Bishop Crosby’s stories, sense of humour and wisdom.
For more information visit https://www.hccf.ca/evening-with-bishop-crosby/
Halton Food for Thought – Snack Program Update
The HFFT Program will continue to operate this year. Students will continue to be provided with “Grab and Go” snacks, to ensure their health and safety. Thank you Mrs. Stacy-Ann Brown for taking care of our snack orders.
Hot Lunches Update
- LunchBox (WEDNESDAYS) – ordering can be done through SchoolCashOnline School Cash Online Account
- Orders due Sunday, October 31, 2021 @12pm (NOON) for this coming Wednesday
- First week Wednesday November 3rd will be East Side Mario’s
- New orders will not be accepted after the Sunday deadline.
- If buses are cancelled due to inclement weather, lunches will be delivered as scheduled.
- If there is a school closure, lunches will be cancelled and a credit will be issued within 3 business days.
Thank you to Mrs. Erin O’Reilly who is organizing and finalizing our LunchBox program!!
Pizza Day (FRIDAYS)
We look forward to offering our students our first Pizza Day again, starting Friday, November 5th! A reminder to all families who order pizza to take a break from making a full lunch for your child on Fridays. Only snacks will be required if you ordered pizza! Thank you to all our Parent Volunteers who will be helping with the distribution of pizza slices (from Mount Royal) to our students!!!!
Food Bank Friday – Starting Again in November
Our first Food Bank Friday will be taking place the week of Nov. 8th. More information forthcoming closer to the day.
Save The Date – PHOTO DAY on Friday, November 12!
Bring your smiles – Individual student photos can only be taken this year (no class group), on Friday, November 12th! Enhanced health and safety protocols will be followed by our provider Edge Imaging. More information to come closer to the date.
Halloween Safety Tips from Halton Police
- Parents, and trick-or-treaters, before heading out to collect candy make sure that children are wearing a bright costume, or something bright in general, for better visibility.
- Instead of a face mask, try face paint.
- To prevent tripping and falling, make sure costumes fit properly.
- Also, to improve visibility, have children carry a glow stick. They will be able to see easier and people will be able to see them easier as well.
- Obey all traffic signals and cross streets at the corners.
- Always utilize sidewalks.
- Parents are also reminded to check their children’s candy for tampering. Although it is rare, it can happen.
- Drivers are reminded by police to slow down and watch for trick-or-treaters.
Happy Halloween – Wishing you a safe and fun-filled weekend!
St. Mark Staff