Dear Parents and Guardians of Mr. Faiazza’s Gr. 7 Class,
I am writing to let you know that a protocol has now been established to allow temporary access to our school for families to retrieve any personal belongings that may have been left in the school during the school closure period, and to return any borrowed items.
Based on the recommendations of Health Canada regarding physical distancing and in consultation with Halton Region Public Health, our school staff will facilitate this process during the last week of school.
Pick Up & Drop Off Items
The following items apply for pick up:
- Personal belongings in lockers, desks and cubbies
- EpiPens® or other medications
The following items apply for drop off:
- Technology (devices) borrowed
- Special Education equipment
- Library books
Please note that all devices will need to be returned by the end of June, unless students are enrolled in a summer learning program and they require the device for learning. Please email Ms. Pasceri at email@example.com if your child will be using the borrowed device for summer learning.
Curbside Pick Up / Drop Off Day / Time
Your child’s class schedule for parents and guardians to safely pick up personal belongings or drop off borrowed items will take place on MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2020. Please proceed to FRONT DOOR EXIT #1. As we continue to follow our Public Health Guidelines, we can only have a limited number of people on the school property, at one time. We have organized your class schedule by the order of your child’s surname.
For example if the surname is “Smith” your assigned time would be between 12:45 and end at 1:00. Your cooperation in being on time is of the utmost importance!
Please adhere to the strict 15 min interval that is outlined in the following timetable:
12:00 – 12:15 – Surname starting with letters A, B, C,
12:15 – 12:30 – Surname starting with letters D, E, F, G, H,
12:30 – 12:45 – Surname starting with letters I, J, K, L, M,
12:45 – 1:00 – Surname starting with letters N, O, P, Q, R, S
1:00 – 1:15 – Surname starting with letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
- A curbside approach for pick up and drop off will be offered, with a designated area for items to be dropped off.
- Please note that only parents or guardians will be permitted to arrive at the school site. Students will not be able to access the school or playground.
- Prior to your scheduled drop off or pick up time frame, you are required to read the full list of instructions outlined in the: HCDSB Elementary School Curbside Access for Student Belongings Protocol for Parents/Guardians. This protocol explains in full detail what to expect as we provide temporary access to our school.
- The following safety precautions must also be practiced by all individuals visiting our school site to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, please continue to follow the advice and recommendations of our Public Health professionals.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we provide temporary access to our school in a safe and secure manner. Stay well, as you continue to take good care of your family.