The standard of dress at St. Marguerite d’Youville is set by the good judgement and discretion of parents and staff. If the school is to be a special place where community can expect a standard of excellence, and where the students are to develop a sense of dignity and a seriousness about learning, then it follows that our style of dress reflect that standard.
- Clothing with inappropriate* logos, sayings and pictures are not acceptable at school.
- Tank tops, halter-tops, cut off shorts and torn jeans are not to be worn to school.
- No bare midriffs.
- Pants are to be worn at the waist. Undergarments should not be visible.
- Shorts should cover mid-thigh when seated.
- Physical education clothing should provide appropriate coverage for comfortable, modest safe movement during activities. Clothing which is either too baggy or too tight is not recommended.
- CAPS are not worn in the school building.
*Inappropriate refers to logos, sayings and pictures that address/display: sexual content, substance abuse, violence, profanity or inappropriate references to nationality, race, or gender.School Uniform/Dress Code