ST. MARUERITE d’YOUVILLE CATHOLIC SCHOOL COUNCIL
ELECTION PACKAGE 2020-2021
DUE DATE FOR NOMINATION FORMS:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2020, 9:00 a.m.
If more than 8 qualified nominations are received, an election will take place.
PUBLICATION OF NOMINATION FORMS AND OPTIONAL BIOGRAPHIES
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
CATHOLIC SCHOOL COUNCIL ELECTIONS (if required):
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2020
HCDSB SCHOOL COUNCIL ELECTION PROCEDURES
Please complete the appropriate form attached and forward it to the attention of the Principal. The forms can also be picked up at the Office. In keeping with the Ministry Regulations 612/613, elections must be held within the first 30 days of each school year. The following timelines will be followed regarding Council:
- Friday September 4, 2020– Parents are notified via the September Weekly Update of upcoming Council. Nomination forms are available in our school Office or can be printed off with this package.
- Friday, September 25th, 2020 – Nomination forms are due to the office by 9:00 am.
- Monday, September 28th, 2020 –If we receive more than 8 nominations, we will hold an election at the school, with details to follow. Candidates will be notified if elections are necessary.
- Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 – Elections: Nomination forms will be published on our School Website and posted in our front foyer. Candidates are invited to add optional biographies due to the Principal by 3:30, an electronic version is acceptable. Biographies will be posted with nomination forms on our School Website and in our school foyer.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 – Elections will take place all day long in the Office beginning at 8:00am and ending at 5:00 pm.
- Sunday, October 4, 2020 – The names of our School Council members will be communicated to our school community via our Weekly Update.
- Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 – Our inaugural Catholic School Council Meeting will take place on line at 7:00 pm.
Your involvement in the council gives you the opportunity to strengthen the partnerships between home, school, and parish, and to be part of a dedicated team. Your participation and support can make a difference!
Halton Catholic School Council Elections Nomination Form
School: St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic School
School Candidate’s Name: __________________________________________________
Home/Mobile: _________________Business Phone: _________________
(Sign in appropriate areas)
In accordance with the Halton Catholic District School Board Policy on School Councils, I
declare that I, __________________________________________ am eligible to become
an elected member. (Refer to Operating Policy I-23)
If elected, I fully understand and agree to support my roles and responsibilities as a member of this Catholic School Council, as outlined in the Halton Catholic District School Board Policy on School Councils and in the Halton Catholic School Board Operations Manual on School Councils.
CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT OF NOMINATION FORM This form must be completed in full and submitted to the Principal of the School by 9:00 a.m. on: SEPTEMBER 25th, 2020. Please expect to receive confirmation of your nomination via e-mail and /or telephone