“Actions speak louder than words; let your words teach and your actions speak.“
St. Anthony of Padua
HCDSB COVID-19 Update:
On May 19th, the Ministry of Education announced that they are extending the school closure period for all schools in Ontario for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
More information will come regarding:
- Report Cards – HCDSB is planning on how these will be distributed i.e. electronically or in the mail
- Picking up personal belongings – Details are forthcoming regarding parents picking up student belongings and returning school items (i.e. textbooks, sports uniforms) in June
- Virtual Grad Ceremony – We will create a planning committee consisting of staff, Grade 8 students and parents. The survey to parents was emailed recently. Please respond to your child’s teacher to share your imput.
Good News Story
This Grade 4 Student wanted to do his part to help a family that has needs as a result of Covid 19. He reached out to his teacher, Mrs. Budak and we made the connection to support a family from our Community. Thank you Daniel L.
Summer School Opportunity
Please note: The HCDSB will be announcing more options for Summer School for Elementary students in addition to the following:
Literacy and Math Summer Programs for Grades 6, 7, and 8 students from July 6 – July 17, 2020 (Session 1) and July 20 – July 31, 2020 (Session 2).
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation, the health and well-being of our students continues to remain our highest priority. All Session 1 and Session 2 classes will be offered in a distance (e-learning) format this summer.
NOTE: Teachers will be committed to providing an engaging educational experience and interactive lessons in a virtual format to review the past school year, in preparation for next year. Educators will provide live and/or pre-recorded lessons for all students.
For program details, please review the following information sheet: Literacy and Math Distance Learning Summer Programs Register Now!
New this year ~ online registration is available for Session 1 and 2. You may register your child for one or both sessions by filling out the following online form: Summer Distance Learning
The online form to register your child is due by Friday, June 26, 2020.
Principal Field Trip to the Barn
This video was created for some of the primary classes and Special Education Department. Have a look if you like!
School Council met informally on Monday June 25 at 6:00 PM virtually to connect and discuss the current Board and Ministry direction around the year end wrap up policies and proceedures. This information will be shared with you through weekly updates as they are finalized.
Virtual Run Club
Our running club kicked off this week. We are beginning to share tips and have students record their activity. We will add little challenges and opportunities for the students to shine. If your child is interested in joining the running club please send a note to your child’s teacher. All students from grades 3 to 8 are welcome to sign up and we will add them to a group platform using Microsoft Teams. We will be logging our runs learning some running tips and supporting one another with positive encouragement. Please click on link above for some warmup tips from Principal Cascone Brown
Updates from Community Partners:
Parents and guardians are welcome to review the following information:
- Halton Region’s Update on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Halton Region Public Health: Working to protect you and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Letter to Parents – from Halton Regional Police Service and the Halton Children’s Aid Society
Support & Resources for Families
A number of resources and supports have been posted on our Learn at Home website to help you take care of your family during this challenging time.
The health and well-being of our community remains our highest priority. Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones by following the recommendations and advice of our Public Health professionals.
As always, any further information will be shared with you directly through email and this information will also be posted online at learnathome.hcdsb.org/covid-19-updates
Clubs continue during Distance Learning!!!
A club activity will be on the St Marguerite Twitter Page daily by @BaxterCYC. All students are welcome to participate. If you are not on Twitter but would like to participate please email Mrs. Baxter at Baxterj@hcdsb.org . You can also message your teacher about your interest in a club and we will send you the info on how to join the club on TEAMS.
Grade 8’s are starting back up with WE Team. Information will be posted weekly on TEAMS. All ideas for upcoming initiatives are welcome.
- Monday -Social Club- Start brushing up on your talents. An announcement about a show may be coming, so get ready!
- Tuesday -Kindness Club- Padlet! Something wonderful about our school community!! Say something kind about the rest of the kids at St. Marguerite. https://padlet.com/baxtercyc/i6mp1yrj08de49kd
- Wednesday- Move and Groove Club ! Keep moving or running for Marafun.
- Thursday- Lego Club – National Camping month. Make a lego creation of a campsite.
- Friday- Art Club. Join the Art Club Team group. We will have a meeting at 11am. The challenge will be drawing doughnuts.https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3a5564ceaf110b4eefa063660d3106b674%40thread.tacv2/General?groupId=e308f0d7-88c4-4d92-b9b2-aa8330fc8b6b&tenantId=2537ab7d-25bd-498a-a642-7c135779e6d2