Thank you so much to our St. Luke community for your wonderful support of our Joy of Giving Christmas Gift Card Drive. You raised $1,935 worth of various gift cards to be distributed to families in need this Christmas!
“To the St. Luke Community: With our heartfelt gratitude for your continued generous support to make a difference in our community.” – Acts of Kindness Network
As we complete this final week of school before we break for Christmas holidays, we can’t help but reflect on the gift of such a supportive and engaged school community. We are truly blessed.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
ARE YOU TRAVELLING FOR THE HOLIDAYS?: We know that families may be making plans to travel out of the country in the coming weeks. If you are making plans for international travel with children who are not fully vaccinated, please make sure to keep up to date on the specific quarantine requirements your child(ren) will need to follow upon your return to Canada. At present, these requirements include not attending school or daycare for another 14 days once you have returned. As you know, these requirements and restrictions may continue to change especially given the emergence of the newest Omicron variant. Please continue to monitor the ‘Travel, Testing & Borders’ pages of the Government of Canada website https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#children to help inform your decision making. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
RAPID ANTIGEN TEST HOME KITS: Our school will be distributing Rapid Antigen Screening Kits this week for voluntary use over the Christmas holiday. The rapid antigen screening kits have been provided by the Government of Ontario for every student who attends in-person learning at a publicly funded school. These kits may be used by any student, regardless of their vaccination status, however, should only be used when a child is asymptomatic (does not have any symptoms of COVID-19) and has not had any exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19. Please note that participation in this student rapid antigen screening is voluntary and is not a required action for return to school after the Christmas break.
JANUARY RETURN TO SCHOOL COVID SCREENING CONFIRMATIONS: As we did for the first two weeks of the school year, confirmation of daily screening of COVID-19 will be required for all students, staff and visitors during the first two weeks in January. An orange screening log sheet will be sent home with each of your children this week. This must be kept, completed and returned to school each day from January 3 through January 14. Daily self-screening will continue to be a requirement for all students and staff beyond January 14th, however the confirmation log sheet will not be required.
ONLINE KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!: Online registration is now open for children who are starting Kindergarten in September 2022. These are children who are turning 4 years of age by December 31, 2022 or children turning 5 years of age by December 31, 2022 and enrolling in St. Luke’s SK program for the first time. Please note: If your child already attends the JK program at St. Luke they will automatically be enrolled for SK the following year. No further action is required. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school office at 905-829-1700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, December 13
- DAILY COVID-19 SCREENING: Elementary students and staff are required to complete and PASS COVID-19 screenings EVERY morning prior to attending school using Ontario’s updated School Screening Tool. Please Note: Children must stay home, even if symptoms are mild.
- Third Week of Advent: Classes will participate in a virtual Advent liturgy on Thursday in conjunction with our virtual Christmas Show.
- Intermediate Girls Volleyball: Team practice at lunch today.
- Intermediate Team Boys Volleyball Game: St. Vincent at St. Luke (after school)
- Photo Retake Orders: Last day to submit retake orders with Lifetouch
- Grade 7 Virtual Field Trip: Students in grade 7 will take part in a virtual visit with the Career Centre today
Tuesday, December 14
- Welcome Father Con: Today Father Con will visit each class at St. Luke to share his special Advent message
- Intermediate Boys Volleyball: Team practice at lunch today
Wednesday, December 15
- Pizza Day
- Christmas Spirit Day!: Wear your ugliest Christmas sweater/Christmas spirit wear
- Intermediate Team Boys Volleyball Game: St. Marguerite at St. Luke (after school)
Thursday, December 16
- Christmas Spirit Day!: Christmas crazy hair & sock day/Christmas spirit wear
- St. Luke Virtual Christmas Show & Advent Liturgy: 12:45 p.m. Link will be emailed to parents earlier in the week
- Intermediate Team Girls Volleyball Game: St. Vincent at St. Luke (after school)
Friday, December 17
- Christmas Spirit Day!: Wear your Christmas colours!
- Early Dismissal: Students will be dismissed at 1:30 p.m. today
- Merry Christmas!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Monday, December 20 – Friday, December 31 – Christmas Break
Monday, January 3 – Return to School. Covid-19 Screening Logs to be completed & returned each morning through January 14th.
Wednesday, January 5 – Grade 4s begin intramurals at lunch time every Wednesday
Sending you blessings for a safe, healthy, merry Christmas and happy new year!
Annalise Sofia Starr (on behalf of S.t Luke CES)