COLDER WEATHER IS HERE: Temperatures are falling quickly and we want all students to be snug and warm! Students continue to go outside for all recesses unless it is raining. Please ensure that younger ones have all the outerwear they need to spend time outside and encourage older students to do the same. It’s not cool to be cold! If your family is in need of support, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Rosati or Mrs. Sofia Starr confidentially.
FOOD TREATS AT SCHOOL: With the holidays quickly approaching St. Luke wishes to remind parents that food items (purchased or homemade) cannot be sent to school to be distributed to classes. We appreciate that you may want to treat your child’s class to something special to celebrate Christmas, a birthday or other special occasion but we ask that you please choose a non-food item to do so. Please note that there will be times when the school will provide students with a school-wide food treat to show our appreciation or to celebrate an occasion as a community, but it will be administration or school council driven. Thank you for your understanding.
LUNCH TIME SUPERVISOR: St. Luke is in need of an additional lunch time supervisor. This paid position is Monday through Friday (Holidays and P.A. Days excepted) from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. If you might be interested and would like more details, please contact Mrs. Sofia Starr via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school at 905-829-1700.
PARKING LOT ETIQUETTE: Grade 6, 7 and 8 parents/guardians and caregivers, please consider parking on a side street (where permitted) and having your child(ren) meet you on the sidewalk or consider having your children walk home from school to allow for families with young children to use the very limited parking spots. Your consideration is appreciated.
Monday, November 8
- DAILY COVID-19 SCREENING: Elementary students and staff are required to complete and PASS COVID-19 screenings EVERY morning prior to attending school using Ontario’s updated School Screening Tool. Please Note: Children must stay home, even if symptoms are mild.
Tuesday, November 9
- St. Luke Catholic School Council Meeting: School Council Meeting will be held virtually at 6:30 p.m. A Teams Meeting link will be emailed to parents/guardians earlier in the day for those that would like to attend.
Wednesday, November 10
- Parent/Teacher Interviews: Interview request forms are due today. One form for each family. If you need to print another copy, please click HERE .
- Student Photos: Photo orders are due today. If you would prefer to have your child’s picture redone, photo retake day will take place on November 23rd. Please send their proof package back with them on retake day for the photographer’s reference.
- Grade 7 Intramurals: Grade 7s participate at lunchtime every Wednesday.
- Pizza Day
Thursday, November 11
- Remembrance Day: Our school community will honour the men and women who have served our country with a virtual Remembrance Day ceremony beginning at 10:35 a.m. A link will be emailed to parents/guardians who also wish to join us virtually to mark this solemn occasion.
- Poppy Donations: Each student will receive a poppy on Remembrance Day. If you wish to contribute a voluntary $2 donation (or a donation in any amount) to support the Royal Canadian Legion, please send with your child today.
- Grade 8 Intramurals: Grade 8s participate at lunchtime every Thursday.
Friday, November 12
- Happy Friday!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Tuesday, November 23 – School Photo Retake Day
Wednesday, November 24 – Progress Reports Go Home
Thursday, November 25 – Parent/Teacher Interviews in the Evening
Friday, November 26 – P.A. Day – No School for Students: Parent/Teacher Interviews
Take care and stay well,
Annalise Sofia Starr (on behalf of S.t Luke CES)