Good afternoon St. Luke Families:
We had another wonderful week at St. Luke CES!
DAILY COVID-19 SCREENING: Elementary students and staff are required to complete and PASS COVID-19 screenings EVERY morning prior to attending school using Ontario’s updated School Screening Tool. Please Note: Children must stay home, even if symptoms are mild.
School Emails Please make a point of regularly checking your email, especially over the weekends, as we will contact you immediately if Public Health contacts us with any COVID-19 classroom isolation directives. We are happy to report that we finished out the week with all classrooms back to in-person learning!
School Photo Day! We are pleased to share that we have received direction approving the reinstatement of School Photo Day! St. Luke’s photo day will be on Wednesday, October 20th. Please note that only individual photos will be taken. Details will follow in the coming weeks. Retake day is scheduled for Tuesday, November 23rd.
Parent Masking Outside: We continue to request that all adults are masked outside on school property whenever physical distancing cannot be maintained. This is especially important along the parking lot steps on the east side of the school during dismissal.
Lunch Time Routines: We strongly encourage students to stay at school during the lunch hour whenever possible. This helps to maintain the integrity of classroom cohorts and contact tracing, while minimizing unnecessary exposures during the school day.
-Students who routinely stay at school for lunch, but have been given permission by a parent/guardian to leave school property for lunch must have a note dated for that day and signed by their parent/guardian. Standing notes are not permitted.
-Students who leave school property for lunch are expected to finish eating their lunch prior to returning to school.
-Students are not to share food at any time.
Saturday, October 2
- First Holy Communion Grade 3 students receive the Sacrament of First Holy Communion today 10:00 a.m. at St. Andrew Church. Family who cannot attend in person can join virtually by clicking on the following link: https://www.standrewoakville.com/sunday-masses-online/ May you always feel the love and presence of the Lord as you receive Him in holy communion. Congratulations!
Monday, October 4
- St. Luke Fall Food Drive Begins! Starting today students are invited to bring non-perishable food items to school in support of local food banks. We will be collecting items through Monday, October 18th.
- St. Luke Catholic School Council Inaugural School Council Meeting 6:30 p.m. via Microsoft Teams. Link will be sent to the school community today.
Tuesday, October 5
- Confirmation Day Grade 8 students receive the Sacrament of Confirmation 7:30 p.m. at St. Andrew Church. Family who cannot attend in person can click the following link to attend virtually: https://www.standrewoakville.com/sunday-masses-online/ We wish you all of God’s blessings on this extraordinary day. Congratulations!
Wednesday, October 6
- Happy Wednesday!
Thursday, October 7
- Thanksgiving Liturgy This school-wide liturgy will be held virtually at 12:40 p.m. via Microsoft Teams. Link will emailed to families earlier in the week and we hope you’ll be able to join us.
Friday, October 8
- P.A. Day (HCDSB Faith Day) – No Classes for Students
Monday, October 11
- Thanksgiving Day – School is closed.
Thank you to everyone for the careful and cautious approach to our return to ‘in person’ learning. Mask-wearing, handwashing, sanitizing and physical distancing have all contributed to maximizing a safe return. Everyone’s efforts are to be applauded and thanked! Only together, we can minimize threat.
Together, we have remained strong and resolute, working together so that our children are safe as they learn and grow and develop to their full potentials.
To each of you…thank you for your continued partnership, collaboration, support and especially patience as we continue to live through a global pandemic.
18 months ago we stated: “we’ve got this!”. 18 months later, we reiterate: “we HAVE this!”
Take care and stay well,
Annalise Sofia Starr (on behalf of S.t Luke CES)