Good afternoon St. Luke Families,
This week we launched our annual Spook-a-thon School Fundraiser! All students brought home an orange flyer with all the details, which can also be found by clicking here! This is St. Luke’s major fundraiser of the year and your generous support allows us to continue to provide our students with the very best in Catholic education.
DAILY COVID-19 SCREENING: Elementary students and staff are required to complete and PASS COVID-19 screenings EVERY morning prior to attending school using Ontario’s updated School Screening Tool. Please Note: Children must stay home, even if symptoms are mild.
Parent Masking Outside: We continue to request that all adults are masked outside on school property whenever physical distancing cannot be maintained. All students and adults must be masked along the parking lot steps on the east side of the school during dismissal, as physical distancing cannot be maintained in this area.
Dogs on School Property: Though we love our four-legged friends, some of our children have severe allergies and are frightened by an encounter with a dog. Our school board prohibits dogs on school property for the protection of your children as well as for the protection of your pet. Please do not bring your dog any further than the public sidewalk in front of the school when dropping off or picking up your child(ren), regardless of the size or temperament of your pup. We appreciate your understanding that we must enforce this rule.
Monday, October 18
- St. Luke Fall Food Drive FINAL DAY! Students are invited to bring non-perishable food items to school in support of Food 4 Kids Halton. Click here for a list of most needed items! The class with the highest number of donated items will receive a free pizza lunch!
Tuesday, October 19
- Pizza Lunch Order Deadline: Please place your order using your School Cash Online account by midnight tonight. Click here for details! If you have never used School Cash Online before click here for more information and how to register. Orders cannot be accepted after this date. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Rosati prior to the deadline and she will be happy to assist!
Wednesday, October 20
- School Photo Day! Individual photos will be taken of students today. If you do not wish to have your child photographed, please notify your child’s teacher in writing prior to this day.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program Parent Information Night: Grade 7 and 8 students and their parents/guardians are invited to attend a virtual Information Evening for St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School’s International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme at 7:00 p.m.
- The IB Information Evening will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams. Parents and students in grades 7-8 who are interested in learning more about the programme and the application process are encouraged to attend.
- Families can join the meeting at the scheduled time using the following link: Join the Teams Meeting Here
- For more information about the IB Programme, please visit the St. Thomas Aquinas School website at: https://secondary.hcdsb.org/sta/ib-programme/ and the Board’s website at: hcdsb.info/HCDSB-IB-Programme.
Thursday, October 21
- Crossing Guards Needed! The crossing guard location at Wynten Way & Gable Drive is currently vacant and will continue to be covered by spare guards and/or Crossing Guard Coordinators until a permanent guard is hired. The Town of Oakville is experiencing a shortage of guards across the town and they are looking for new applicants to join their crossing guard team. Please click here for more information.
Friday, October 22
- Happy Friday!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Wednesday, October 27 – Spook-a-thon Donation Deadline!
Friday, October 29 – Halloween Spook-a-thon!
Take care and stay well,
Annalise Sofia Starr (on behalf of S.t Luke CES)