Dear Parents and/or Guardians:
Happy Friday! We had a great week here at St. Luke! Students have established excellent daily routines and have done a very good job of following the health and safety measures. Please reinforce at home the importance of physical distancing, sanitizing and washing hands as much as possible to help keep everyone safe!
Today we conducted our first fire drill of the school year. Overall, it was a success. We will plan another fire drill next week.
Arrival Time at School – A reminder for the mornings that our supervision does NOT begin until 8:15 a.m. Students should NOT be coming onto school property prior to this time! This is for all our students’ safety! Thank you in advance for ensuring you’re following this important reminder!
Masks Outside – Parents/Guardians (like staff and students) are not required to wear masks outside; however, on the sidewalk at the side of the school, masks are required from this point on as it is a very narrow area and it is very hard to physical distance from one another here. If you are standing or walking in this area before and after school, we would ask that you wear your mask to protect yourself and others. Thank you!
As per direction from the Ministry of Education, St. Luke participated in sending and receiving daily confirmations of student COVID-19 screenings for the first two weeks of school. While these confirmation logs are NO LONGER REQUIRED, parents and guardians MUST still ensure that the Ontario School Screening Tool is completed every morning for each child prior to their arrival at school and that each child receives a PASS to attend.
Monday, September 20
- Deadline Extended to September 24 – If you have not already completed an Online Information/Consent Form for each of your children, please click HERE for the link. If you experience any problems submitting your form, please send an email to email@example.com for support.
- Important Notes Before Completing Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card, the top of your verification form or by contacting the school office.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
- If you experience a problem submitting the form, try using a different browser or different device.
Tuesday, September 21
- School Council Nomination forms are due TODAY. Nomination packages can be found on the school website under the School Council tab. Nominations and a brief bio are due via email by 4:00 p.m. to Mrs. Sofia Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, September 22
- Happy Wednesday!
Thursday, September 23
- VIRTUAL CURRICULUM NIGHT
- Start time 6:00 p.m. A Microsoft Teams Invite will be sent to all parents/guardians for welcome and prayer at 6:00 p.m. Following the Welcome/Prayer, each teacher will host 2 presentations/sessions; parents will join either at 6:15 p.m. – 6:35 p.m. or 6:40 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. All invites to parents/guardians will be sent out by end of the day on Tuesday, September 21, 2021.
Friday, September 24
- Have a wonderful weekend!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Thursday, September 30 – Orange Shirt Day (to recognize National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)
Saturday, October 2 – First Communion 10:00 a.m. for our Grade 3 Students
Tuesday, October 5 – Confirmation 7:30 p.m. for our Grade 8 Students
Friday, October 8 – P.A. Day – No classes for students
As we part for the weekend, please take a moment to watch a special back to school blessing from Father Con below.
As always, thank you for your patience and your ongoing partnership. Enjoy your weekend!
Take care, Mrs. Sofia Starr