We thank all staff, students and you for the continued collaboration in making this week a very successful start to the school year! We observed students handwashing, physical distancing, hand sanitizing and wearing an assortment of very engaging masks. Most joyful was witnessing the reconnections and friendships, especially outdoors!
Please ensure you continue to complete the Ontario School Screening Tool each morning for each child prior to their arrival at school. Once your child receives a PASS to attend, please initial the yellow Confirmation of Student Screening Form next to the appropriate date and return it to school with your child each day.
Save the Date! St. Luke’s Curriculum Night will be held on Thursday, September 23rd. As per HCDSB direction, this year’s event will be held virtually. More information will be shared in the coming days, so please continue to check your email regularly.
Monday, September 13
- Regular in-class instruction begins for ALL Kindergarten students (Years 1 & 2)
Tuesday, September 14
- Reminder: School Council Nomination forms can be found on the school website, under the School Council tab. Nominations and a brief bio are due by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, September 21. Please send nomination packages via email to Mrs. Sofia Starr at email@example.com
Wednesday, September 15
- FAMILY INFORMATION AND CONSENT FORMS DUE TODAY
- Student Registration Verification Form Please review each child’s form, front and back, and make any changes directly on the form. Please sign and date this form even if there are no changes to verify that you have reviewed it for the 21/22 school year.
- Curricular Physical Education Acknowledgement of Risks & Consent to Participate Form Please complete one of these forms for each of your children. This yellow form must be completed, front and back, in order for your child(ren) to participate in Physical Education.
- Online Information/Consent Forms You can access the online consent form by clicking HERE. Important Notes Before Completing the Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card, the top of your verification form or by contacting the school office.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
- Technical Issues? If you experience a problem submitting the form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, September 16
- Happy Thursday!
Friday, September 17
- Have a wonderful weekend!
I had the pleasure of visiting all the classrooms today to review Code of Conduct and Expectations. Please talk with your children about some highlights/key points we discussed. Your children are ready to have a successful year! We have an outstanding staff who will be there for them to support, encourage and motivate!
As always, thank you for your patience and your ongoing partnership. Enjoy your weekend!
Take care, Mrs. Sofia Starr