Dear St. Luke Parents & Guardians,
This week we’d like to salute our grade 8 graduating class of 2021. Their hard work, resiliency and humour gave them a final elementary year to remember. A year where learning the skills of flexibility, self-care and patience were as valuable as any part of the curriculum. Our virtual ceremony on June 22 and our outdoor diploma presentations on June 23rd were a chance to commemorate and celebrate the culmination of their elementary careers. We couldn’t be prouder of our graduates or more grateful to their parents for raising these exceptional people. We also want to thank Mrs. Thorn, Mr. Morris and Mr. and Mrs. Forte for transforming the front of St. Luke into such a stunning graduation venue and again to Mrs. Thorn for also preparing the graduation gift bags for each graduate. Finally, thank you Mrs. Cousens for leading this class through these tumultuous two years. Your professionalism, kindness and empathy as an educator has prepared your students well for the exciting adventure that awaits! Congratulations St. Luke Class of 2021!
A big thank you to those families who contributed to our PRIDE Awareness Day fundraiser for the Positive Space Network. Thanks to your generosity, St. Luke was able to donate $125 on your behalf to this meaningful community support hub. The Positive Space Network builds community and creates safer spaces for 2SLGBTQ+ youth in the Halton Region.
Look for our final communication email next week bidding adieu to the 20/21 school year, but in the meantime, here are a few reminders for our final day and a half next week:
MONDAY, JUNE 28:
- All learning will be asynchronous today.
- FINAL Textbook/Technology Drop Off Day & Ice Dawg Day! Please refer to the scheduling email sent to you on June 21st for your specific appointment time. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Rosati at email@example.com as soon as possible. It is extremely important that ALL textbooks and/or technology your child has borrowed are returned to school, as we must inventory and prepare them for our September start. PLEASE NOTE: If you did not complete an online survey indicating your choice of drop off day, you were assigned a specific appointment time on Monday, June 28th. Please check your email.
- Please note that scheduled appointment times and protocols are necessary and must be adhered to. We thank you for your support and cooperation.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR JUNE 28 DROP OFFS: ICE DAWG ICE CREAM SANDWICH DAY!
- Appointment times are in 15-minute intervals. Please ensure you arrive on time.
- At your designated appointment time only, please pull up to the main entrance of the school.
- Please have textbooks in a plastic bag, labelled with your child’s name and grade and placed in your trunk. When it’s your turn, simply pop your trunk open and staff members will retrieve the bag from your vehicle. **Please bag each student’s return separately**
- For those who have borrowed technology, please place the laptop or Chromebook and the charger in a plastic bag (separate from textbooks) also labelled with your child’s name and grade and placed in your trunk. **Please bag each student’s return separately**
- Staff will distribute 1 individually wrapped Ice Dawg ice cream sandwich to each student in the car. You will then be directed to continue through the ‘kiss and ride’ and exit the parking lot.
TUESDAY, JUNE 29 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
- You did it!!
- All learning will be asyncronous today.
- Early dismissal at 1:30 p.m.
- School and School Office officially closes today.
Prayer For Our Graduates:
Lord God, We ask for your almighty hand to be upon all of our St. Luke graduates. Bless their lives from this day on with goodness and love. Help them to stay true to their dreams, to use their gifts wisely, and to walk into the future with faith, hope, and great love.