This week we would like to start by acknowledging Father’s Day on June 20th. To all the dads in our community who continue to nurture, care, love and lead us through this unprecedented year and always, we give your our deepest gratitude and respect. Happy Father’s Day to ALL the fathers and father-figures who give of themselves every day.
We are entering the final days of this most unusual school year and we will be emailing families a year-end communication next week. For now, please see below for what the next few days are bringing.
MONDAY, APRIL 21:
- NATIONAL INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DAY: June 21st marks the 25th annual National Indigenous Peoples Day, an opportunity for all Canadians to recognize and celebrate the unique heritage and diverse contributions of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples.
- Textbook & Technology Drop Off/Ice Cream appointments will be sent to families by the end of the school day today. Please check your email for your specific day and time slot. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Rosati via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TUESDAY, APRIL 22:
- Graduation Mass will be viewed by all graduates at 10:30 a.m.
- School-Wide End of Year Assembly at 12:45 via Microsoft Teams Meeting Click here to join the meeting All parents and guardians are welcome to join.
- Virtual Graduation Ceremony for Graduates and families to view together at 6:30 pm.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23:
- All students from Kindergarten to grade 8 will receive their Report Card via email link today.
- Scheduled Graduation diploma pick up celebration at St. Luke School starting at 10:00 a.m. Please note that the front of the school will be decorated in honour of our graduates and their will be an opportunity for you to take pictures! Congratulations to our grade 8 graduating class!
- HCDSB co-hosting information session for parents, students and staff, presented by the Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK) Positive Space Network. This presentation will focus on how we can build positive spaces for the 2SLGBTQ+ members of our community. The event will be live-streamed on the HCDSB YouTube channel from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Click here for a link to the live-stream.
THURSDAY, JUNE 24:
- Textbook/Technology Drop Off #1 & Ice Cream Truck Day! If your family chose this as your drop off day via the online survey deadline, please refer to the scheduling email sent to you on June 21st for your specific appointment time.
FRIDAY, JUNE 25:
- Last Friday of the School Year! Have a great weekend!
MONDAY, JUNE 28:
- All learning will be asynchronous today.
- Textbook/Technology Drop Off #2 & Ice Dawg Day! Please refer to the scheduling email sent to you on June 21st for your specific appointment time.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you did not complete an online survey indicating your choice of drop off day, you will be assigned a specific appointment time on Monday, June 28th. Please refer to the email sent to you on June 21st for your specific appointment time.
TUESDAY, JUNE 29 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
- You did it!!
- All learning will be asyncronous today. Early dismissal at 1:30 p.m.
- School and School Office officially closes today.
Kindergarten Registration Reminder: If you have a child turning 4 years of age by December 31, 2021, it’s time to register for Kindergarten! We are planning for the 21/22 school year year and knowing our enrolment numbers and needs is essential as we make preparations. Please click here for more information on registering your child, if you have not already done so. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Mrs. Rosati at email@example.com for more information. Please note that registrations received after June 28th, will not be processed until the school office reopens on August 30th.
Are You Moving?: If you are moving out of the St. Luke attendance boundary and your child will not be returning to St. Luke in September, we ask that you please notify Mrs. Rosati via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you are moving out of St. Luke’s attendance boundary, but still wish to have your child attend St. Luke, please contact Mrs. Rosati who can provide you with information on completing the required Cross-Boundary Request Application.
Staff Contact List: Please note that a Staff Directory with contact emails is available on the school website under ‘contacts’. If you need to contact school administration or a specific staff member, we ask that you please do so via email. Please avoid calling the school directly, as staff is working remotely.
Did You Know GRATITUDE…..
- Shields you from negativity
- Makes you at least 25% happier
- Rewires your brain
- Eliminates stress
- Improves sleep
- Boosts self-esteem and performance
- Improves relationships
We have experienced the most difficult school year imaginable, but here we are on June 18 and we are so close to the end! A sincere THANK YOU to all our staff, parents/guardians and especially our students for showing perseverance, patience and understanding as we navigated through this year! It has been a team approach and together we made it thus far……..7 school days to go! Let’s continue to show appreciation, patience, understanding and most of all respect towards one another so we can finish strong! Looking forward to a wonderful week ahead! We got this St. Luke!