“All things share the same breath – the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports” ~ Chief Seattle
Indigenous People’s Day
Graduation – Grade 8
We will celebrate and acknowledge our grade 8 graduates, with a drive-through graduation ceremony on Thursday, June 24, 2021. All families have been sent an email with the specific time for their graduates to arrive at our school on this day. Guests are limited to immediate family members only (parents/guardians, siblings). We are unable to accommodate any visits from extended family or friends, on or near school property, even from a distance. Your adherence to this public health measure is appreciated.
Our Virtual Ceremony link will be emailed to families at 7:00 pm.
Returning Technology & Textbooks
If you have any school technology, or remaining library and textbooks to be returned, we will be designating Friday, June 25th for drop-off. If you are going to be away before then, and have items to return to the school, please contact your teacher to set up a time to drop them off between 9:00 and 2:00 pm.
If you have any medicine or personal items that need to be picked up. They will be available for pick up on Friday, June 25th and Monday, June 28th between 9:00 – 2:00 pm.
Once again, in light of health and safety protocols due to COVID-19, all student report cards will be delivered electronically. Elementary Term 2 Report Cards will be emailed directly to parents and guardians on Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
On March 22, 2021, the Halton OECTA Elementary Association began a job action across our district. As part of the current phase of job action, permanent teachers have been directed by OECTA not to prepare or input comments on student report cards. In light of this job sanction, for most elementary students, the report card will include grade marks, but no comments.
Notwithstanding the above, please note the following:
- If your child’s teacher is a Long Term Occasional Teacher (i.e. not a permanent teacher with the Board), your child’s report card will include both grade marks and comments.
- If your child is in Kindergarten, one comment (sentence) will be included in each frame of the report.
- If your child is evaluated on an alternative report card (which does not include a grade mark), the report will include one comment (sentence) for each section of the report.
As always, if you have any questions about your child’s learning, please contact their teacher directly.
Good-byes and God Bless
Each year at this time we have to say goodbye to those Staff Members who are leaving St. Joseph to share their gifts and talents in other communities. We have enjoyed much laughter, much joy and much love with you and we wish you every blessing as you heed God’s calling and serve where He leads you. We have been enriched by your presence here at our school and you will be greatly missed! May God bless you abundantly as you continue your journey in Catholic Education.
At this time, we say goodbye to the following staff members:
- Mrs. Snyder
- Mrs. Tymczyna
- Mrs. Mathias
- Ms. Ford
- Mrs. Pavelak
- Ms. Ferreira
- Mrs. Longo
- Ms. Lukic
- Mr. Gomes
- Mr. Badeau
- Mrs. Hogg
COVID-19 Youth Vaccination Program Continues
- Youth aged 12 years of age and over who live or attend school in Halton are able to book their COVID-19 vaccination through Halton Region’s online booking system.
- Halton Region Public Health will offer first doses to all youth aged 12 to 17 years of age in June, and second doses by the end of August.
- Appointments for the Youth Vaccination Program will be available at Halton COVID-19 vaccination community clinic locations administering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
- NOTE: Youth must have had their 12th birthday by the date of the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- For more information, please see the announcement on our school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/05/covid-19-youth-vaccination-program/
Courtesy Bus Seats on Hold for 2021-2022
- Halton Student Transportation Services will not be offering courtesy seats for the 2021-2022 school year. If public health determines that this option can be made available safely, we will update you on the application and acceptance process.
- For more information, please see the HSTS website here: https://www.haltonbus.ca/
St. Joseph Tips
Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of the Islamic faith, for this painful resurfacing of the Islamophobia that exists in our communities. Incidents like this may heighten the feelings of fear, vulnerability and isolation. As a Catholic school district, we are called to accompany and love our brothers and sisters in the Muslim community. In times of crisis, it is especially critical that we stand together and support one another with care and compassion. We cannot and will not tolerate, condone or ignore Islamophobia and racism.