“Let us Love one another, for love is of God and everyone who loves is born of God” ~ 1 John 4:7
Indigenous Awareness Month
In June, Canadians celebrate National Indigenous History Month to honour the history, heritage and diversity of Indigenous peoples in Canada. It is also an opportunity to recognize the strength of present-day Indigenous communities.
Throughout the month, students will have an opportunity to learn more about Indigenous history and celebrate the culture through read-a-loud, activities and more. For more information visit the Government of Canada site.
- June 9th – virtual family paint night with Moses Lunham from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. https://bit.ly/3wlzHJd
- June 21st – National Indigenous Awareness Day celebrations
Pride Awareness Month
June is also designated as Pride Month in Canada, which for the 2SLGBTQ+ members in our community is a sign and symbol of love and inclusion. Drawing on the example of Christ, who preached a message of love and inclusion throughout His ministry, our Catholic schools are called to ensure we are nurturing safe and inclusive learning environments, where every student and every member of the community is welcomed, valued, and respected.
Throughout the month of June, our HCDSB schools will be raising awareness around Pride Month and will journey with the 2SLGBTQ+ community in creating spaces of welcome in a search of dignity and justice for all. We ask for God’s grace as we continue to proclaim the Good News in our schools and across our community.
- June 1st – Rainbow Day – Students and staff are encouraged to dress in their most colourful clothes as we celebrate the rainbow – a sign of God’s promise to love us and a symbol of inclusion for all in our community!
- June 14th – Pride Awareness Day
- June 23rd – Building positive spaces. ROCK’s Positive Space Network will hold an evening presentation that will focus on how we can build positive spaces for the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Flower Fundraiser Pick Up
A reminder that June 1st is our Flower Fundraiser pick-up. Please look to your email for information on how to pick up your orders. Thank you to everyone who helped support our Fundraiser.
Reminder that Friday June 4th is a PA Day for students and therefore no school.
St. Joseph’s Tips
As we prepare to leave this most difficult school year, let us turn with one mind and one heart and one voice to the One who brings meaning to our story by inviting us to enter into his. Let us pray together for nine days in preparation for the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Let us find our sure comfort and rest in the Sacred Heart of Christ’s love for each and every one of us. Click here to learn more.