“Believing talents can be developed allows people to fulfill their potential” ~ Carol Doweck
Our Halloween Dance-a-thon will be held on Friday, October 30th. This year, it will look a little different but will still have the “scary, spooky, spirit”. Students will be participating with their class/cohort only and will still be required to follow all our safety protocols. COVID-Masks are to be worn and social distancing is required at all times. All donations will be made online via Cash online ONLY. Please make sure to continue to support our school Fundraiser. Please lookout for an email with more details.
Healthy Food for Thought
Starting this week, Halton Food for Thought will provide Grab & Go Healthy Food boxes to our school. This will give students access to a nutritious snack to help keep them focused throughout the day. Together we #FeedTheirFuture!
Information about the Grab & Go Healthy Food Box:
- Grab & Go Healthy Food Boxes will contain pre-packaged, non-perishable food items such as granola bars and applesauce cups.
- Boxes will contain enough bulk snacks for one classroom for one month.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, teachers can distribute snacks from the Grab & Go Healthy Food Box as needed. This is not a self-serve model for students.
- Halton Food for Thought programs is free of charge to all students, universal, and non-stigmatizing.
- Packing more than 5600 food boxes for schools each month is a huge undertaking. If you are interested in supporting the program, donations can be made directly on the Halton Food for Thought website, www.haltonfoodforthought.com.
- If you would like more information about other ways to support the Grab & Go Healthy Food Boxes, please contact email@example.com or your local HFFT community development contact.
Grade 3 First Holy Communion
We wish our Grade 3’s a blessed day on their First Holy Communion on October 17th @ 11 am.
St. Joseph Patron of Canada is committed to the health and safety of all parishioners. For daily prayers or more information about mass please visit https://stjosephprayforus.ca/home-1
St. Joseph Tips
Did you know that a growth mindset can dramatically improve a child’s academic performance and motivation to learn. Our intelligence isn’t fixed, it can change. It can get stronger or weaker depending on how much effort we are willing to apply. One way to encourage a growth mindset is to tell your own stories about achievements that resulted from hard work. Make sure to always praise the process and not just the results. Try using some of these phrases: (a) I see that you have been trying so hard at…; (b) I like the way that you….; (c) I see that you are trying again, great thinking; and (d) the steps you took must have really helped you….